Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you may (or may not) know, CHEWKNOW has moved out to Cali. He came home for Thanksgiving and made all the arrangements to have his bike shipped and then dropped her off to me until the truck arrived. He went through www.jcmotors.com to make the arrangements and a company called "Specialized Transportation" (609-409-5921) came to pick the bike up. I'm not sure how the two companies are linked but I have to say I was impressed with how they secured the bike. I'm kicking myself for not having my camera, but hey what can you do?

They had a skid with eye hooks bolted into it and a little ramp at one end of the skid. They used wratchet straps that were connected to the triple and pass pegs and then to the eye hooks. They bike wasn't going anywhere. They covered it up with a real thick blanket and tied that down to the skid too. They wouldn't take any keys or paperwork so that stuff needs to be shipped seperately. Probably a security measure. If anyone in the area needs a bike shipped, I'd say look into this outift.

CHEWKNOW, let us all know how everything is when the bike arrives, cuz.

N

·
0 Posts
We're talking about Chewknow's bike, right?

I would have just thrown it in the back on the truck's bed. We know it's going to get all rashed up anyways when he rides the canyons over here....chewknow???

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Thanks for the support Nem. You're a stand up MOD.

John...thanks again for all the help bro. Cant wait to get the bike out here. And what is a canyon?

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
hey chewknow how much did this cost you? cuz im in the process of either shipping my bike out or rent a rental truck and bringing it with me.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
nice i had delt with specilized transportation many time wher i work we use them to ship trailers all over the us and canada they have aslways done good work chew your gonna love it out here

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haha where in CA are you at? Because norcal sucks!!! I hate this place.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It cost me 690.00 to ship it from Jersey to Cali. Then i paid an extra 50 dollars to have it insured up to 14K. They insure it free up to 7,000.00 and its 7.00 per thousand after that. I got quotes from 10 different places and that was the cheapest one. Im living in Westlake Village. Ventura County.

N

·
0 Posts
CHEWKNOW said:
Thanks for the support Nem. You're a stand up MOD.

John...thanks again for all the help bro. Cant wait to get the bike out here. And what is a canyon?
Support? Hahaha...what's there to support. You got here safely, and your bike's on the way.

Canyon? Don't know...you'll have to ask the others for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts