Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we have orders to fort worth, tx, we are leaving around june 7th. i have the option to let the military ship my bike to texas or i can transport it myself and they will pay me what it would have cost to have it shipped. we are having all of our furniture shipped which is no big deal but i dont know how well i want to trust having it shipped my the military and having it sit in storage until we are allowed to take it out. we are already going to have to drive both of our own vehicles down so throwing the bike in the truck shouldnt be big deal but having it shipped would make the move alot easier. any of you military guys have any horror stories with military shipping i should hear about???

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Take it yourself if you have the ability. If you've been in the military for awhile, then you know how they operate. I remember the moving part being one of the worst experiences of my military career. They consistently lose stuff, and they don't usually take "great care" to ensure undamaged transport.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sure i will end up taking in myself. just wanted to confirm my hesitation from people that have had first hand experience before. i am going to the tmo class today and im sure they will tell me that it will be fine but i dont trust a bunch of privates around my bike. <-------lol that sounds so wrong!!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Well when I moved for cali to ohio when I got out of the coast guard... I got a couple quotes from uhaul.... and I think to rent a enclosed trailer was like 1200-1300.. I saw this and was like [email protected] it.. Ill just buy one.. got a brand new 10x8 enclosed trailer setup of two motorcycles.. for like 3100.. and then I received a check from the coast guard from moving was like 2000...

No need to go get a enclosed one but you could get a open one for like 1000 or so and then get some quotes from u-haul and stuff.. and when you send all your paper work in send the quotes and bill of sale..

I can't say this will work for you and I didnt think I would get around 2k back for moving myself..

·
Registered
265 Posts
well, in the military's deffense i just had all my good shipped from orange beach al. to ft. bliss this includes my RR and it arrived within a week in the same condition when i saw it loaded in orange beach. but, personally if i had the resources i would've done a dity move instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts