Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 RR with 2700m on it and today its started to shut off intermittently at red lights.. temp gauge reads 226F/108C...when it quits. I can still hear the fans running. I have had this bike at hotter temperatures with no issues.... am I loosing oil pressure? The oil light only comes on when it stalls out which is normal. Im trying to scan through as many threads as not to repost.... Can anyone off any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Possibly a bad battery. At idle speed the charging system doesn't supply much power so the battery has to power everything. Including the fan when it comes on. A weak battery may not be able to run the headlights, fan and everything else.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Possibly a bad battery. At idle speed the charging system doesn't supply much power so the battery has to power everything. Including the fan when it comes on. A weak battery may not be able to run the headlights, fan and everything else.
or the weak battery could be caused by a bad stator or regulator recitifer...

get a multimeter and jump the battery, it should read like 14v. make sure you have a charge before you go and buy a new battery and ruin that one.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Will it idle at all?.. or is it really low
Maybe your idle adjuster is set a little to low. and stalls when it idles to long.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! much appreciated! It idles just fine, the lights and everything work really well.. its just sometimes when im coming to a complete stop its like someone hits the kill switch, (at first thats what i thought i was doing!) But it fires right back up and goes for a while and then shuts off again....its kind of scary because im not sure if its going to start back up again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts