Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 09 out last weekend after getting a new battery from tripage without any issues. Still started up and rode fine on Monday, but I started having issues riding to work yesterday. Twice on the ride in I down shifted before a turn and the bike cut off. Initially I thought maybe I just stalled, but when I tried to start the bike after work it was like the battery was dead. However after checking to make sure the leads were still connected I gave it a couple minutes and this time it fired right up. Started riding and it just cut off again when I came to a stop. Again waited a minute and it fired up.

I got on the highway and it actually cut off twice while doing about 75 but quickly bump started itself right back again. When I exited the highway and started downshifting and slowing down again it cut off. At this point I finally decided to have someone bring my truck and just haul the bike home.

At first I thought it was likely the new battery, but don't understand why it would cut off while riding, and why it worked fine the first couple rides after installing.

Any thoughts before I bring it to the shop?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
I had a similar issue changed a lot of things no mechanic found the issues got the stator tested kickstand and all the sensors usually happened to me on hotter days. Ended up sending my killswitch to tripage to get open and redone. Hondas kill switches are known to go out.

Do u use your kill switch to turn off the bike?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
take apart your kill switch and clean it.

make sure the contacts are clean and shiny copper.

grease carefully with di-electric grease.

re-install, and try it......

or ask wibbly otf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts