Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I did 250 km on my bike, to the jump zone, did a couple of parachute jumps, and then 250 km back home. All day adrenaline rush. Now I'm exhausted. Love it...

So, what's your favourite combo?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
SEX-DRUGS-ALCOHOL-RACEBIKE-GUARDRAIL

jk

I like riding the bike out the windy hills and canyons of Sonoma County's Wine country and highway 1 and 101, and all the backroads, then heading to the lake, hoppin in my ski boat, have all the buddies with boats and jet skis and bring out the ladies and ice chests to go campin at the lake.

Riding a nice clear sunny nor-cal road to go wakeboarding and get a lil lit with some fine ass all around, and lots of drunken nudity and jumping off the cliffs into the water. Really it doesn't get any better than that

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
My gosh are you trying to kill yourself....lol....how much does it cost for you to jump? Do you have your own stuff or do you rent it? I have thought about it for a while, my wife wants to do it too, so who knows.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
Shaggs2Dope said:
SEX-DRUGS-ALCOHOL-RACEBIKE-GUARDRAIL
wow...thats sounds good. lol. i almost pissed myself reading that

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luv2ride said:
My gosh are you trying to kill yourself....lol....how much does it cost for you to jump? Do you have your own stuff or do you rent it? I have thought about it for a while, my wife wants to do it too, so who knows.
Prices vary from place to place and what kind of jump to do. I use the academy's equipment, so I get away from rent expenses. Check with your local skydivers and get up there :)

Skydiving is safer than bike riding. That's my opinion.

Videos of skydiving - Enjoy!

C

·
0 Posts
I did it for the first time last year. It was an assited jump and not a tandem. I loved it and wouldnt mind doing it again.

It is expensive though!

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
My favorite combo would have to be, riding the sh1t out of my bike ALL day and then comming home and getting a nice :blow:

Theres really no better combo then that !!! :toothy6:

·
Registered
494 Posts
recus said:
Today I did 250 km on my bike, to the jump zone, did a couple of parachute jumps, and then 250 km back home. All day adrenaline rush. Now I'm exhausted. Love it...

So, what's your favourite combo?
I did the same exact thing last year..I rode 125 miles to a DZ, did an AFF, and rode the 125 bike. I got pics,but don't want to hijack your thread, so post some pics!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
494 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
I did it for the first time last year. It was an assited jump and not a tandem. I loved it and wouldnt mind doing it again.

It is expensive though!
You talking about this, and check out the old man jumping in his motorcycle boots too..:biggrin:

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
My favorite combo would have to be, riding the sh1t out of my bike ALL day and then comming home and getting a nice :blow:

Theres really no better combo then that !!! :toothy6:
yeah there is, all the above, while sinking a cold beer watching the gp repeat... hahahahahah

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
quick question for all you skydivers... let me see how i can put this.
after you jump are you always dropping? when I see skydiving it looks like they stay at a certain point for a little while and they drop gradually, or is that just how it looks on tv?
like, how long can you stay "hangin out" before you have to open the chute??

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
after you jump are you always dropping? when I see skydiving it looks like they stay at a certain point for a little while and they drop gradually, or is that just how it looks on tv?
i think like 13,000 feet takes about +1 min falling.... so you never stop :p like 200 feet a second or something?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Skydiving and riding is cool, but a BASE jump and riding is better. Or riding to my day job, an Instuctor at a vertical wind tunnel/skydiving simulator. Unlimited freefall and no packing. Either of the two combos will wear you out.

"or is that just how it looks on tv?"

Ya, that is just how it looks on the TV because the camera person keeps falling as you deploy, so relative to the camera you go up, but relative to the ground you are just slowing down. If you were going 100+mph down and immediately stopped and/or went up, the "G" forces would kill you. You pull 3-8 G's during deployment as it is.

Derek

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
I only did two jumps. My first was a tandem and the one in the pic was a AFF, each time, the free fall is about a minute. Phuckin awesome!

The tandem gave me a real rush, but the AFF blew my mind, and push the scare factor pass 100!! :). On the tandem jump I was attached to an instructor so if anything goes wrong, he takes care of it. I did the landing and turning the chute in the air. However, on the AFF, they instructed me what to do if the chute dosen't open, if the chute opens and it is not square, if I start going toward telegraph wires. over water, over roads, what to do. All that shook me up.

However, my jump was awesome, I was free falling for about a minute, the two instuctors each had one of my arms and legs, and at predeterminded moment they let me go, and I pulled the chute.. Wow..Pucker beating a 1000 beats a minute.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts