Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was riding around my area today and the bike sometimes turned of for no reason. I didnt stall the bike it happends sometimes when i have my clutch all the way in. Other times when im in gear riding.

What can it be?

Over heating? it runs at 100 degrees (212 F)

·
Registered
869 Posts
It is not due to over heating. Sounds like an electrical problem to me or perhaps the CPU.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
are you riding with a buddy? is he hitting your kill switch when you are not looking? lol

really tho, sounds electrical, maybe the tilt sensor?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
212 for temps is good
250 i think is when the temp gauge starts to flash so you have a long way to go there.

check all the circuits for the kill switch
like the clutch switch, kickstand, kill switch itself and make sure there is nothing wrong there.
i saw a loose kickstand once cause a bike to shut off because it would bounce up and down enough to activate the kill circuit.

since you said it would do it with the clutch pulled in though, it is probably the BAS. any MIL lights

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Is your bike stock or do you have a power commander
installed ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well recently it hasnt turned of so everything must be good.

Just went to the dealer this morning to get a new battery.

When riding up there and back home didnt die on me once.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Ok so we can rule out a power commander issue

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check your idle. If it is set to low it will do that same thing. I had that happen to me a while back.:01_thumbu

·
Registered
960 Posts
Its your buddy riding next to you flipping your kill switch my buddy did that to me while i was riding on the tank what a douche face he is.

K

·
0 Posts
Kick stand safety switch, neutral safety switch, poor battery connections.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts