Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't really explain what I'm trying to explain (lol) so I'll try the best as I can. I went out riding this weekend with a few of my buddies and as we were all starting our bike, theirs sounded like it started up a lot quicker than mine. My bike seemed to lag a bit as it was trying to start. I can't explain the sound but their engine sounded like it was starting up quick while mine sounded like it was lagging. Does the battery need to be replaced? Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing?

·
Registered
354 Posts
What year is your 600RR and when was the last time you had a tune up done on her?

·
Registered
248 Posts
could be a weak battery, bad fuel pump or a dirty fuel filter. I would start by testing the battery when you turn it on, in idle, and at 5k rpms.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike starts fine. It just kinda bugs me how slow it starts compared to my friends bikes. They all have CBR's as well. Lets say their bikes start up in about 2 seconds, mine will start in four. If that makes any sense. It has a slow turnover compared to theirs.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Do you ride with the high beam on?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kept forgetting to take a video, but here it is:

I don't know if I'm making a big deal out of nothing but if you notice how the bike starts, it seems like it lags a bit compared to my friends bikes. Also is the bike idling like that because the RPM idle is set too low? I'm not sure where exactly its supposed to be at.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Starts fine if your not idling at 1200-1500 go for a ride, come back and adjust the idler screw just a bit. Give it a couple of revs and see where it sits then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Starts fine if your not idling at 1200-1500 go for a ride, come back and adjust the idler screw just a bit. Give it a couple of revs and see where it sits then.
Will do. So 1200-1500 is the norm idle? I raised the idler screw a little higher because the idle was kinda bugging me out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts