Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I got a 2006 Honda CBR 600RR, i jus finished putting on my akraprovic exhaust (full system) and the PC III and downloaded the map from powercommander. i took the bike out for a ride today and as soon as i hit the higher RPM's (around 5th gear) my bike stalls out. at first i thought nothing of it so i pulled over and started it up again, After about 20 secs it stalled out at the lower RPMs in first gear. does anyone know what could be wrong. Tunning or timming maybe? any help is helpful. btw my battery is kind of weak but it gives enough charge to start up the bike and keep it running.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone, I got a 2006 Honda CBR 600RR, i jus finished putting on my akraprovic exhaust (full system) and the PC III and downloaded the map from powercommander. i took the bike out for a ride today and as soon as i hit the higher RPM's (around 5th gear) my bike stalls out. at first i thought nothing of it so i pulled over and started it up again, After about 20 secs it stalled out at the lower RPMs in first gear. does anyone know what could be wrong. Tunning or timming maybe? any help is helpful. btw my battery is kind of weak but it gives enough charge to start up the bike and keep it running.

How weak are we talking? If you have less than 10.5 volts or so, it may cause your PCM to shut down. I'm not sure how many volts are required to keep the after market stuff awake, but I'm sure it's similar. Try disconnecting the PCIII and see if that cures your problem and we'll go from there. Check your charging voltage just for good measure as well.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
It might be the PCIII map zero the map and go for a ride if the condition can not be replicated then its the map if it replicates itself then its the PC III itself

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i think i may have found my problem... the ground for the PCIII got loose on my batt so it was turning on and shutting off while i was riding.... thanks for the help guys...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts