Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 cbr 600 and I've been having some problems with it recently. The bike wouldn't start one day and after a bit of messing around with it I figured it must be fouled plugs. It has around 24k miles and I'm not sure if the previous owner had ever changed them. Me and my buddies (mostly my buddies) changed them out and after a lot of cranking the thing finally starts up. During all of the cranking my battery died and we had to jump it at one point. I let it idle for a little while but it was close to midnight so I didn't get to ride it around until the next day. The next morning me and my friends go for a ride and about 2 minutes after we leave I start having problems. I'm going about 50 and I'm keeping the RPMs a little higher than usual so that the battery will charge. All of a sudden the bike just seems to lose power and drop to idle. Twisting the throttle did nothing at all. The bike didn't die completely it just idled and after I pulled over I couldn't get it to rev. After turning it off and back on it was fine for the rest of the day. Fast forward about a week and my bike stalls completely at a stoplight which never has happened. It cranks back up and then dies again when I'm almost to my destination. It wouldn't start the second time for about 5 minutes. I left it for a few hours and then tried to ride it home. It died twice again and wouldn't crank back up. Sorry for the long story I just wanted to include all of the details. My bike has a Jardine slip on exhaust, power commander, K&N air filter, OEM plugs. Anyone know what might be causing me problems?

·
Registered
204 Posts
hmm i know my friend had a similar issue with his 03 Gixxer 6, and when he replaced his battery it solved the issue. If your battery is almost dead (but has enough juice to start the bike) it loads down the charging system and may weaken your ignition.. I dont know this for a fact but its worth a try to have your battery load tested..

were the plugs gaped corectly? are all the wires seated properly?

i dont know if these have coil packs or not but you may have a bad coil pack.

Im not familiar with the ignition system with these bikes so im talking generally.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had the same problem on my old 03cbr600rr i had years ago and it was the power commander that was causing the issue. Unplugged the pc, solved problem, Called the pc company, explained that the pc is defective and they sent me a brand new one and it was all good ... Hope that solves your issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts