Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to do an oil change myself,but i want to kno do i have to have the back wheel up with a stand or will the oil come out ok with it standing straight up.

Please advise!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly?? I kno its a dumb question but,ill be ok with jus sitting on it to keep it straight while its drainning?

And Thx

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Ya, just let it drain on its side stand until there isn't a constant stream anymore, then stand it up straight (I'd stand beside it so you can see when its done), it'll start a constant stream again, then just wait until its finished.

EDIT: BTW, its definitely worth getting a stand though. It makes a lot of maintenance easier, especially cleaning the chain.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man u jus help me save $65 in labor. Plus I dont want anyone working on CHANEL but me.

I owe U Homie

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Also, you should change the aluminum crush gasket every oil change, but if you don't then make sure you check the drain plug after going for a ride to make sure it doesn't leak. You can get the gaskets at any dealer and usually Napa, Autozone and other auto stores. I always pick up 10 at a time so I always have some on hand. They're like $0.50 a piece.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, you should change the aluminum crush gasket every oil change, but if you don't then make sure you check the drain plug after going for a ride to make sure it doesn't leak. You can get the drain plugs at any dealer and usually Napa, Autozone and other auto stores. I always pick up 10 at a time so I always have some on hand. They're like $0.50 a piece.
No doubt, gotta change the drain plug gasket and make sure the old filter's gasket comes off as well!!

Ill let u kno how it goes when i get back from the stealer for a filter and crush gaskets:shakehand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts