Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I haven't rode my bike for about a month and I went to start it up, it fired up fine. After idling for a little while, idle just drops and stutters at around 1k rpm and dies.

I tried firing it up again and it won't start...a couple more times, it fired right up and giving it gas (in neutral) to about 6-7k rpm just for a few seconds, the bike's idle falls again (even with the throttle still twisted) to 1k rpm and stutters briefly before it dies again. It did that a few more times until it won't start anymore.

The battery tender is on there now...and fuel shows 1-2 bars.

Anybody got any ideas on what to check?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would suspect the fuel being contaminated. Try replacing your tank with fresh fuel and try again

·
Registered
739 Posts
AudioSlave1123 said:
check the idle adjuster, could be that ur idle is too low, and when the choke kicked off, ur bike died
There is no choke on the bike because there is no carb, instead its got a FI system with the TPS for optimum performance

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
99SH said:
I would suspect the fuel being contaminated. Try replacing your tank with fresh fuel and try again
I looked in the troubleshooting section of the service manual and suspected that...I peeped into the gas tank and it was empty! Stupid me..I went by the gauge which read 2 bars of fuel still left. There was none. Threw some fresh fuel in there and now it runs like a champ again...I just hope that all that cranking with no fuel in the tank didn't damage or wear down anything.

Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.