Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might remember my bike got brooken into last tuesday and I had the steering locked which made it hard to figure out a way to move it so Saturday night the bouncers at our club helped me put it into the back of the owners truck, I was to take it to the shop on Saturday and the shop told me it would be better if I brought it Monday tommorrow. Well I went up tonight to have a couple cocktails and it was there when I pulled into the parking lot. I leave to go home and when I get home have 2 messages of the owner telling me he hopes I have my bike because it isn't in the truck anymore so im waiting right now for an officer to show up to take a report.

I do have a couple questions....

1. How long does it take for the insurance to claim it as a loss.

2. How much do you guys think it would be worth? (insurance wise)

3. Could I do anything if I found parts of it from here on ebay?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Dependin on your insurance company, it could be anywhere from 3 days...to 3 months, i was hit by a car, the adjuster came to look at it about 2 weeks later, he told me the same day he looked at that i should be getting a check in about 1 week. I got it 2 days later!

As for the value of the bike, its up to the insurance company, year, miles, title, condition, upgrades, ETC all come into play

if you found your parts on ebay, and your positive there yours contact Ebay, and infrom them of the posting(s) and take it from there. see if they can help

oh yah...that Fing BLOWS!
good luck bro
-Toe

·
Registered
223 Posts
You should come out ahead on insurance, my buddies 03 r6 was stolen last year and he was given a check for 7200, bike had 5k on it. There's no way it would have sold privately for that much. If you had some mods done to it, take the reciepts in to your insurance company and they should compensate you for that as well. Like they said as far as getting your check cut, it's all dependent on the insurance company. If they start taking a while just call in and be persistant with them. Hopefully you'll be back on the road in no time, good luck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It gonna take a few months cause its stolen-they have to investimigate; but if it was totaled it would be a few weeks.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I'm confused, what do you mean by the owner's truck? Do you mean the owner of the club? And where was it stolen from. Was he just driving around with it in the back of his truck till Monday?

As for the money for the bike, it's just going to depend on your insurance company. I know a lot of companies have a policy of waiting around 30 days to see if the police recover the bike first.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
actually you can do things about stolen parts on ebay. I received a stolen part from ebay that the person who owned the bike reconized. They emailed me I took pictures and sent it back to them along with the return addy, needless to say a few weeks later a pretty good size chop shop bust in SoCal. Someone on this forum posted up a link to the write up on the bust. I dont take credit for leading them to it bc it could be a dif one but I am happy it happened!!! thats why I marked the inners of all my fairings with certain marks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just make sure you fillow up with your insurance adjuster NON STOP.

They usually have up to 200 claims, and if you don't squeek, they wont give you any grease.

When my bike was totaled, it took over a month to get a check from them. They couldnt get their **** together. But that was State Farm.

Good luck, and very sorry to hear about the loss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts