Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike was stolen from my apartment complex last night.

Columbus Ohio

2007 CBR600rr Viper Red

No Decals except for OhioRiders sticker on windshield

Gold Gilles Rearsets

E-racings track fairings with black Dzus fasteners

GSXR mirrors

Large scratch on right side of swing arm
Stock exhaust spray painted black
Case covers are rashed on both sides
Delrin swing arm sliders/spools

Plate # 12NPA
VIN# JH2PC40017M001200

IF I can think of more details I'll post them...

Please if you are going to give me **** for keeping it outside don't post. I have no car b/c it got totaled and I am moving into a condo with garage in 2 weeks.

Please keep an eye out for the parts...will post pictures ASAP

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Lowjack? Security system? either?

Hope the police get you sorted, but chances are brother...

Damn, I'm sorry dude.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Insurance?!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Effin bastards man i pray to God who ever stole your beloved RR
to wreck severly and got cut in half during the process

·
Registered
224 Posts
Effin bastards man i pray to God who ever stole your beloved RR
to wreck severly and got cut in half during the process

Indeed Moeman. One question though, why do most thieves steal bikes? Is it just to part them out, or "pop" the ignition, get a new one, then start riding them?

NOT TRYING TO HIJACK THIS POST, but...I went to my local dealership (Heyser, Laurel, MD) only to find a glass contractor replacing most of the store front. Seems three young punks decided to attempt to bust out the glass and have their way with the spoils. Good thing police just happened upon the situation to stop them in progress. Apparently they get broken into 2-3 times a week :tard:??!!! I inquired just what could the punks do with the bikes, and they told me about the ignition and re-ignition process. At first Heyser would not sell ignitions without proof of ownership, until they "caved in" and began selling them to anyone that came in the door, because If they wouldn't, some other dealership would. This is crazy.

Back to your point Moeman: Curse those bastards, and as they attempt to ride may they come down with the plague and excruciating pain, preferably in the groin area. Just my two cents, Good Morning :wave: C6r

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Sorry to hear...........hope your insurance take care of you

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Indeed Moeman. One question though, why do most thieves steal bikes? Is it just to part them out, or "pop" the ignition, get a new one, then start riding them?

NOT TRYING TO HIJACK THIS POST, but...I went to my local dealership (Heyser, Laurel, MD) only to find a glass contractor replacing most of the store front. Seems three young punks decided to attempt to bust out the glass and have their way with the spoils. Good thing police just happened upon the situation to stop them in progress. Apparently they get broken into 2-3 times a week :tard:??!!! I inquired just what could the punks do with the bikes, and they told me about the ignition and re-ignition process. At first Heyser would not sell ignitions without proof of ownership, until they "caved in" and began selling them to anyone that came in the door, because If they wouldn't, some other dealership would. This is crazy.

Back to your point Moeman: Curse those bastards, and as they attempt to ride may they come down with the plague and excruciating pain, preferably in the groin area. Just my two cents, Good Morning :wave: C6r
1.Got to take in cionsideration Gas prices and believe or not other scums bags are walking this earth and do not mind buying stolen property why cause its cheap
The chances of them being pulled over and asked for credentials 9 time out of 10 their credentials wont be comapred to the actual vin off the frame that is if they pull over from the first place

2.Chop shops are evrey where these bikes can be stripped down in a couple of hours does Ebay make the seller prove the stuff he is selling is actually his
No does not happen . Is there a way for honest buyers like you and me
to check if the parts are stolen or not ? Do you think buyers care about the source of the parts not really they care about the price first and formost

3.In coastel cities bikes can end up in huge shipping crates which usually head to South America , Mexico etc etc and be sold for cheap why cause this ain't a coast guard priority

These are just a few examples of what happens and can happen

True story i had my 92 F2 stolen kids getting off the school bus saw the rider and his passenger one of the kid drew a sketch of both guys i took those sketches to an artist friend of mine he modified these sketches and made look real fro month i
begged the local PO to let me browse their files and compare images they denied me access they do not care about recovering stolen bikes man to them its one less squid off the street

·
Registered
145 Posts
That **** is so low...I find it pretty low when someone works so hard to buy something so expensive to have a POS work just a few minutes to jack a bike...I have a AR-15 next to my door if I see someone near my bike let alone touch it there gonna have my front sights aimin at there head.....

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
cant have anything nice these days...

its sad that this is how easy bikes are stolen:

Maybe a long shot but if I end up seeing your bike here in NYC whoever has it will get beaten to a pulp ;) g/l with insurance

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I'm starting to feel like stoning may be the answer for these f-tards that steal bikes. Trust me, I'd pay to be the first to throw a rock!

I'll keep an eye out...watch Craigslist...that is where tons of stolen shyt ends up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts