Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, newb question here. My bike has been sitting since early Dec. with no rides or rollarounds. :shock: :evil: Is this going to have an adverse effect on the tires? What can I do to help this if it is a problem?

thanks.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Inflate your tires, look at the max pressure allowed by the tire, not the suggested for riding and go 5-10 lbs under that. But the best way is to keep it on stands.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Mine sat from before thanksgiving until last Saturday when I was finally able to get out. I know its not the best idea to let it sit on the side stand but thats what I did, btw, thats Mr. Stupid to you :D . Anyway, I check the tire pressures every time before I go out, got a very nice top line gauge, and there was no pressure drop off. I didn`t have any noticeable flat spots either. I have the stock Michelin tires on it.

·
BOTM 12/ 07 My Kickstand is up
10,565 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you are ... let her on the stand since thanksgiving , warmed her up every other day , but took her out everyday last week ... no flat spots but i did have to inflate the tires ... it was sad for the past few weeks just warming her up and watching her cry out to me :(

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I know what you mean. The weather guessers around here are calling for more snow about 24 hours from now. Hope it just rains.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My tires are the D208's, the bike is on the sidestand, and I guess I do have to admit that I have sat on it and rolled it around the garage once or twice this winter. :oops: Hey what's a guy in Iowa with a new RR supposed to do! So you guys think some air and a little roll here and there should be OK for this year?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yea, that should do it. These aren`t bias ply tires anymore. Radial tires aren`t as sensetive to flat spots as the old bias plies were. Thats not to say you cant have a problem, just not as likely as it used to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts