Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping you guys can help me out here.

I just took the bike out, after about 10 minutes the engine lost power, the oil light came on and the FI notice flashed up on the dash. The bike quickly return to normal but then the same thing happened 3 or 4 times on the way home (over the next 5/10 minutes).

I got the bike home and checked the oil level which when the bike was on a paddock stand and turned off was clearly in between the two lines on the oil window, when the bike starts the oil level drops, is that normal?

I then turned the bike on and off a couple of times although it only started once or twice out of the 5 or 6 times I tried. When it didn't start is was as iff the battery was flat.

I've taken the battery off and noticed that the terminals were lose but even when they were tightened the bike wouldn't start. I've taken the battery off to give it a full charge. I also noticed that within the 20 minutes I was riding that the clock wound itself back. I left at 2pm (as displayed on the dash) and when I got home about 20 minutes later the clock now reads 1pm.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
219 Posts
You likely need to start with replacing, not just recharging, the battery since it is a service item and when the battery starts to go on these bikes it can cause very strange symptoms like yours. Sidenote, I see your location is UK so is the bike stored safely away from rain? There's been a couple recent posts of people with strange electrical issues and the bikes were exposed to water.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the reply mate.

turns out it was a dodgy earth, battery is full charged and the bikes fires up fine and no more silly behaviour or warning lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts