Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...do you guys think it would help keep my bike run cooler if I install an extra fan to my radiatior? I have a few ball bearing fans that I was thinking maybe I can tie wrap to the radiator and wire it up. (Just a thought) All opinion's are welcomed.

·
Registered
688 Posts
How hot is the bike supposed to run anyway, today mine ran 230F

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Your fan idea was something I'm thinkin about doin. But never got around to it. Let us know how it turns out if you go thru with it.

-John-

·
Registered
283 Posts
My fan turns on at 222*F and I was thinking the same thing when I first got my bike, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother. The engine is designed to run pretty hot. If you are having serious overheating issues I'd fiddle with the water/coolant/wetter mixtures first. I personally don't think that honda would sell it if it couldn't take the temps.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The motor is designed to run at real high temps without wear or damage. The ECU will shut the motor off (260*F i believe) far before its at risk of overheating damage. But that fan idea does sound sweet as long as u can secure it on there nicely. I rigged my fan up to my high beam switch to i can control the temps manually ...

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The bad catch about an extra fan is the extra juce that will get sucked off
the battery to get it running

Its bad enough that when are at a red light while the high beam is on & the
fan kicks in if the bike god forbid shuts off for whatever reason it might take you a few trials to get it to start

The best remedey for this is to turn your high beam off untill you get moving again

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Motor damage is not really a factor till temps over 180. An extra fan would only be effective in traffic. At speed there is no need for a fan. Plus like Moe said it draws extra power from an already weak system. These bikes weren't designed for stop and go traffic, they were built to run and run hard.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Wolley said:
Motor damage is not really a factor till temps over 180. An extra fan would only be effective in traffic. At speed there is no need for a fan. Plus like Moe said it draws extra power from an already weak system. These bikes weren't designed for stop and go traffic, they were built to run and run hard.
engine damage at 180*F? ......................................................

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My bike came factory-equipped with an adjustable temperature control. It's a little rubber-coated swivel thingy mounted on the right clip-on that you twist open to cool the bike down :) sorry, couldnt resist

·
Registered
893 Posts
jax, how long are you sitting for it to reach high 240s? and what kind of temps you riding in? the highest i've ever seen my 05 is like 235 or so and that was in 100 degree temps, and sitting for about 15-20 mins or so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts