Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend/co-worker got his bike stolen last week. Red/Black06 GSXR1000. He lives in a nice gated apartment complex here in o-town. That shows you ur bike is never safe outside, esp at night.

Fortunately the bike was recovered the same day, ignition was messed up and the thieves managed to lay it down. I don't have all the details but thankfully my friend has insurance so it'll be taken care of. the police found it somehow but the thieves were gone.

Everyone please keep ur bikes stored/parked in a safe place as much as possible. some of us bikers may not have the convenience of a garage so if you leave ur bike out overnight, put a chain on it or chain it to someplace secure. Alarm and brake lock might help too. anything to hinder those bastards from taking ur bike. And full insurance of course if you can afford it, and LoJack.

I personally know 2 guys that had ther bikes stolen just this year, both of them lived in apartment complex and leave their bikes out. An R1 and a 600RR. My friend's gixxer is the 3rd.

stock:

after the theft:

:gun1:bike thieves

·
Registered
744 Posts
Damn...

Good to hear your buddy has insurance. That's the key to everything. You can lock the bike up, park it in your shower and it will still get stolen, but if you have insurance there's really not much to worry about.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It looks horrible and has to be wicked heavy. I would feel comfortable using that as an anti-zombie weapon if the undead ever rise. No way that beast would ever get dented/destroyed by a zombie skull.

·
Registered
475 Posts
dam sry to hear about the bike, hope all works out good for him and the thieves deserved to get f*cked up some how. but all i can say is atleast it wasnt a 600rr lol just kidding but GL with everything

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wow, whoever stole it looks like they were really interested in taking the windscreen and front cowl....unless those got damaged in the lay down

anyway, crap like this happens, and i am so reluctant to park my bike anywhere (except for the garage) by itself, especially overnight.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Your friend got lucky stolen FL bikes usually
end up in a cargo ship

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts

yeah.... dudes gonna have to break in the house to steal this

·
Registered
744 Posts
^ not everyone has that luxury, unfortunately... :(

But even so, they can steal if from there too if they want it bad enough. Like I said: Insurance is the Key.

·
Registered
475 Posts

I'm still trying to convince my parents to let me keep my bike inside the house but my dad is like HELL NO

·
Registered
475 Posts
full coverage under my name is around $5000 year b/c I'am only 18 and i don't have a car under my name either but full coverage threw my dads name came out to like 480 a year but if i crash with it on his name i ain't getting **** back b/c i crashed and i wound ruin his name which would cause me to pay more for my car b/c i pay 65 a month for car insurance on a Trans Am threw his Name but a cars diff. then a bike

·
Registered
744 Posts
^ sucks for you. My insurance costs around the same, if not more. Needless to say, my bike is insured in my friends name. Its mainly theft that I'm worried about, but if I did crash it I would also be in some ****!

·
Registered
242 Posts
full coverage under my name is around $5000 year b/c I'am only 18 and i don't have a car under my name either but full coverage threw my dads name came out to like 480 a year but if i crash with it on his name i ain't getting **** back b/c i crashed and i wound ruin his name which would cause me to pay more for my car b/c i pay 65 a month for car insurance on a Trans Am threw his Name but a cars diff. then a bike
Yeah, the stats kill you in that age bracket for sure. Full coverage for my 600RR, including road service, is $465, and I have no other things insured with them.

Good luck and ride safe.

Dave

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

that is the greatest evaarrr! :sign10: i bet its a pain to get in and outta there. makes a good booster seat too!

seriously tho, that means u are NOT riding that bike which prolly means its in winter storage. sux for the up-north people coz we Floridians have 75degrees and sunny! :icon_lol: but at least its safe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts