Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think the chances of having your bike stolen would be less if you rode a naked bike? The RR is nice and I am definitely hanging on to it but it is more like a toy than anything else. I've been thinking about getting a naked bike, something like an sv650 or a cb600 as a daily rider. What are your feelings?

·
Registered
152 Posts
It all depends on what the thieves are after... I'm guessing most stolen bikes are parted out anyway so it doesn't matter if they're naked or not. Bikes/parts in high demand will most likely be at the top of the theft list. Perhaps a bike without bodywork won't be noticed (ie. catch a thief's eye) and thus won't be stolen? I have no first hand knowledge of this so perhaps I'm not the best person to comment.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i think slightly less... no bright colored plastics = less attention

there are always opportunity thieves out there...

probably bigger chances of someone snatching a part OFF your bike, like a S/O pipe, f/e, turn signals etc... just random crap which can be easily taken off to be sold elsewhere

·
Registered
62 Posts
Depends on location. I am in Maine. I have more "toys" then Santa's toy shop. I never lock cars or trucks, keys in ignition, house never locked, I have a 3 car two story garage, never locked, garage door open all day, even over night sometimes if I foreget to close them.
Its good people around here, I love not having to worry about that stuff, out of stters come here with there car alarms, locking doors, they think I am the crazy one LOL Every place is different. If I were in florida, or new yourk or Cali I would have lo-jack, etc...
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION lol

Locks only keep the honest people out.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
^^^ agreed. I know i complain about the crap weather all the time, but with the people that live here, i wouldnt want it any other way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts