Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello RR600.net :shakehand

I have over the years visited this forum and benefited from the advice. I always excluded mydelf as I dont have an RR (dumb I know).

I ride a CBR600 F4i 2003
Custom HM Plant Honda Panels.
Carbon Fibre Venom slip on

Last night, some bastard son of a motherless goat attempted to steal my baby.
They broke the steering lock, which I have come to learn is as easy as lying on the bike and pushing with your foot. Wankers. They then attempted to start it. They knew there stuff because they had tried to hotwire the HISS system but failed. I guess due to my META alarm and its Immobiliser.

So I have my CBR and it has

* Broken Steering lock

* All the wires coming out the rear of ignition block cut...

(The wires have enough length to be re-connected btw)

So I am here on my knees with my bike in a sad state and I am asking..
How the hell do I fix this one... :help:

Also "Hello" and I look forward to making new pals and causing you all heaps of trouble.

Mamba

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome to dotnet!

·
Registered
412 Posts
once the steering lock is defeated by force, the frame is comprimised. I think you've got yourself a write-off man.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
once the steering lock is defeated by force, the frame is comprimised. I think you've got yourself a write-off man.
:+1:

either keep it and ride as is, or put in an insurance claim. they will most likely total it. use the money to get an RR!

Sorry to hear about the damage to your ride. Hopefully there is a silver lining.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The way the steering lock works is to blame.

There's a small depression on the frame, when you place the bars all the way to the left steering lock and turn your key all the way to the left, a small steel pin/rod is pushed out into the depression.

When you forcefully defeat this lock, the frame is damaged.

Damaged frame = totaled.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Interesting comment about the broken steering lock = damaged frame. It makes sense from what you guys say. I'm unsure what the insurance companies will say, but as an ennthusiast, it makes sense and I would certainly argue for it.

The steering lock can be reinstalled w/ a new set. The wires, can be repaired. With the wires, you can certainly install a 2nd kill switch.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Man that so sucks. :sad3:

:+1: for the RR though!

Welcome to dotnet! :ciao:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
******* bastards...................

Sorry for swearing.

I didnt think of that, but that sounds about right regarding the frame

Value isnt all that high so there will be no RR replacing it. Bastards. If its a right off, who keeps the bike ? Have I just gained a track bike ? This does not amuse me by the way.....

The bike community obviously has bike thieves amongst its realms, there are gonna be wankers on here that do it. I know its an obvious statment, but to know that out there amongst the scratchers that love bikes as much as I do, there are some that will break/damage/steal your bike knowing how much we love them. Makes me sad at humankind !
I have spent all my spare time doing little jobs on my bike all year. Its been on the road 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a medical student (dont worry I'm a poor boy) and I'm 29 (old) and my bike was the only thing of value I have. I loved it.

Ahh well. ..................

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
That is truly a low blow .

you have a winning attitude though and that will be a plus throughout your life.

American solutionbelow;
Go get a new cbr on credit.....there REALLY is not a reason to go thru life as a virtuous (sp?) pauper. OR
drive a hard bargain or come over to USA and get one of our watered down usa (or even worse a Calif. spec cbr for dirt cheap( check out east toledo honda for scandalously low prices)+ship it back to UK for $400 or so.

persevere and booby trap your next bike... or bring it into your place of abode.

commonly done here even in apt buildings.... get friendly w/ building Maint staff.

Good Luck and......... a painful slow death to bike thieves!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

A curse on their scrotums and a lifelong itch in their mothers asses :bootyshak

I love bikes, I really do. But I'm starting to think Car for the first time. The reason my bike has only been on the road for 3 weeks is because some drunk ass wankers knocked it over and did enough damage to take it off the road.

As much as I love bikes, this is all just tooooo frustrating. I'd even say painfull.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mamba,

Sorry to hear bro. All the best.

Btw........you don't need to own a RR to become a member I am sure you can contribute to various sections on the forum with your experience.

Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
damn bro sorry about the loss but i hope it all works out for you at the end..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts