Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 honda cbr 600rr and just got it back the other day after having the cylinders resleeved along with new pistons. After getting home i left the bike running to do a walk around and i really have never let the bike sit idling for an extended period of time. While doing this i was watching the temp rise and noticed the fan was not kicking on. Temp reached 234 and i shut it off to google kick in temp which looks to be 220. I then took off the fairings and checked the fan relay and fuse which were both good. I then disconnected the fan and ran power to it and it worked fine. I decided to wire in an aux switch to turn the fan on manually. I also read that it could possibly be the coolant temperature sensor and you can check it by grounding it out already having the ground and power hooked to the battery I decided to do this and unplugged the ect sensor and accidentally grabbed the power instead of the ground and touched it. Key was on and it sparked and i heard the fuel pump kick back on. I later tried to start the bike and killed the battery trying to. Acted like it wanted to start but wasn't getting enough fuel. So i jumped it and after five minutes was able to get it to idle but the bike dies immediately when throttled. I immediately noticed the red light flashing and it was obvious that it was a code. 1,7,8,&9 blinks then started over. Map sensor, tp sensor, ect sensor & iat sensor. Do you think i fried my ecm or just the sensors as ive also just learned that the coolant temp sensor shares a common wire with tps, map, and iat sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was the ecu. Bought another one used on ebay and swapped them. Everything is fine now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts