Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my boy who is not on here forgot to put the kickstand down :banghead: and let the bike go. He was able to catch it but it still hit the ground, not hard he kinda just laid it down since it was too heavy for him. So now the bike doesn't start. All the electronics work, headlights are on, kill switch and all are ok but it wont start. It does crack up but doesn't fully turn on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
mb its the BAS(bank angle sensor)
did you disconnect the battery for a bit to try and reset the ecu?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
you may have to tap on the BAS a couple times with it straight up and down to reset it. Im not sure if it is common but mine sticks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
as always... make sure your kill engine switch isnt engaged

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mb its the BAS(bank angle sensor)
did you disconnect the battery for a bit to try and reset the ecu?
I'm gonna tell him to try that. Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I thought it could be flooded. I am not at his house right now but after work I will try that and see what happens

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry man, spell check on my phone. Yeah I meants cranks up but it does not fully engage the engine.
Does the engine spin or no? Not fully engaged would mean the starter motor isn't spinning the crank.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does the engine spin or no? Not fully engaged would mean the starter motor isn't spinning the crank.
It spins, fuel pump starts as well but nothing else happens after that. He did mention that his clock somehow reset itself back to 12:00

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
It isnt the key you need to cycle, its the kill switch.
turn it off then back on and it will work. (assuming its just the BAS thats tripped)

D

·
0 Posts
It spins, fuel pump starts as well but nothing else happens after that. He did mention that his clock somehow reset itself back to 12:00
Check that all of the fuses are good and nothing seems undamaged. Sounds like some wires got knocked about.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
it's probably flooded. That's what happened to my buddy's bike. It started after an hour.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it really possible that a fuel injected engine would get flooded from tipping, esp. for a couple of seconds?

+1 on fuses, I feel like a tripped BAS would keep it from turning at all.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i think he means it cranks, (spins) but 'not fully engaged' must mean it does not fire off.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
^^ wow just noticed that didnt post, i should have just erased it. blunders..

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Might be a dumb response but will rolling down a big hill and dumping the clutch start it. It worked for me when I flipped my quad and wouldn't start by switch after that it cranked perfectly

·
Registered
225 Posts
my bike fell over and flooded itself one time. wide open throttle and crank her till she starts. but it doesnt happen often so probably not your problem]

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i didnt want to give away my secret to success, but here you go ne way..
a friend in need is a friend indeed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts