Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have narrowed down for the street riding what bikes i like i took an 07 gsxr for a ride and loved it very comfy that being said i found a place in tennessee that has 09 gsxr 600 OTD 7200 and a 09 cbr OTD 6982 in all honesty i think the bikes sit very similar but i never actually drove a cbr is there a big difference in handling performance reliability etc... between these 2 machines yes i know this is a cbr forum and alot of you has ridden both bikes but im looking to buy one in about 2 weeks and pay cash for it so i dont want the throw my money away any info will really help me out

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Is it solely going to be for street? To be honest the handling is going to be better on the RR. But the parts availability is far greater on the GSX-R. It really depends on what you want to do with the bike. If it was only for track days even though the RR would be a better ride out on the track it is ridiculously easier to find parts for a GSX-R. If its only street I would say the RR. Much better midrange for the daily riding and Honda reliability. Really both bikes are close in some performance aspects but the RR does edge it out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Both are great machines. you really cant go wrong with either. the cbrs are a little bit more unique considering everybody and there mother have a gixer. where in TN are you buying it? I am stationed at fort campbell and i can tell you not to buy anywhere near post because the dealers are dirt bags. That is a great otd price for a cbr though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both are great machines. you really cant go wrong with either. the cbrs are a little bit more unique considering everybody and there mother have a gixer. where in TN are you buying it? I am stationed at fort campbell and i can tell you not to buy anywhere near post because the dealers are dirt bags. That is a great otd price for a cbr though.
well to anwer both question i live in kentucky (pikeville) its going to be street only twisty bendy roads etc.... the place in tennessee is call Abernathy in union city TN for the gixxer and the other place is ritchie powersports in athens TN

·
Registered
207 Posts
well to anwer both question i live in kentucky (pikeville) its going to be street only twisty bendy roads etc.... the place in tennessee is call Abernathy in union city TN for the gixxer and the other place is ritchie powersports in athens TN
I have heard of that place in union city... from what i have heard they are one of the best places to go to actually. I guess it just depends on what you think looks better then cough... cough... cbr lol. GL

·
Registered
225 Posts
i have an 09 cbr and i road my buddies gsxr and he road mine and that thing felt like a tank and felt like it had no mid. and he said the exact opposite about mine. he felt like my cbr was easier to move around on and had more low end power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heard of that place in union city... from what i have heard they are one of the best places to go to actually. I guess it just depends on what you think looks better then cough... cough... cbr lol. GL
to be honest i love the looks of both i know honda has a great rep for reliability and performance i never owned zuki.... im a yamaha guy my self but the r6 is waaay to lean forward agressive for what i like but the man told me i can get the cbr otd with a 5 year full warranty for 7300 ish and that is cash in hand no financing

·
Registered
207 Posts
to be honest i love the looks of both i know honda has a great rep for reliability and performance i never owned zuki.... im a yamaha guy my self but the r6 is waaay to lean forward agressive for what i like but the man told me i can get the cbr otd with a 5 year full warranty for 7300 ish and that is cash in hand no financing
you dont need the warranty bro... big waste of money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you dont need the warranty bro... big waste of money.
so i take it its pretty hard to blow these up??and or hurt them? like i said i have never owned one of these im not new to riding but to these i am so i dont know much about them other that i love how they ride

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do your routine maintanence and you will be ok... this is my second cbr and have never had a problem with either. Pretty sure most of the people on here will tell you its a waste. What sceme are you getting?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do your routine maintanence and you will be ok... this is my second cbr and have never had a problem with either. Pretty sure most of the people on here will tell you its a waste. What sceme are you getting?
well i know they got the red fade to black and the forest green on black i think i like the green and black combo you dont see much of that on a honda plus i really do like the euro style exhaust under the seat which gives me one more question for you do you feel heat under your seat when you ride on it that would make it uncomfortable?

·
Registered
207 Posts
well i know they got the red fade to black and the forest green on black i think i like the green and black combo you dont see much of that on a honda plus i really do like the euro style exhaust under the seat which gives me one more question for you do you feel heat under your seat when you ride on it that would make it uncomfortable?

No not at all... the only heat you feel is by your legs when stopped at a light or something. the undertail exhaust is definitely an eye catcher. i definitely like the symetrical look. I hate the front end of the gixr and just about everything as far as the body goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No not at all... the only heat you feel is by your legs when stopped at a light or something. the undertail exhaust is definitely an eye catcher. i definitely like the symetrical look. I hate the front end of the gixr and just about everything as far as the body goes.
yeah i do like the cbr looks better one last thing im like 6ft 1in 170 lbs would the cbr be comfy for long distance riding and also are the lights pretty bright at night so i can see (20/20vision) so i see fine as it is

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bought bikes are very good bikes but i would go for the cbr no offense with the gizzer but it really looks so bulky and i don't want the screeming sound of its engine not like with cbrs they really sound sweet and tame.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You'll never notice if you wear jeans and boots, until youre stopped a red light in the middle of the day.. and you'll only feel it on your legs really. Ive had a R6 and a CBR, and I love my CBR. Im not a huge fan of the gixxer, but to each their own - Im sure theyre wonderful machines.

The CBR lights are in fact bright as hell (was riding home the other day at like 340am with low beams on down a stretch of highway with no lights, and I could see quite far - 20/20 like you), but you can always upgrade to some HIDs. While parts may not be as easy to come by as gixxer's, you shouldnt have a hard time finding replacement parts to be honest.

And the undertail exhaust was one of my selling points. The balance of both sides of the bike aesthetically is very pleasing and looks good. I love my CBR, but have never rode a gixxer. Not gonna lie though, if the CBR is cheaper, why not go with it to save money?

:cruising: Ride safe either way!

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah i do like the cbr looks better one last thing im like 6ft 1in 170 lbs would the cbr be comfy for long distance riding and also are the lights pretty bright at night so i can see (20/20vision) so i see fine as it is
I am a little over 6ft 1 in and I go for long rides all the time. Really comfortable. The CBR actually seems to stand a little taller then some of the other 600 bikes out there. One of the reason I chose it.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Ive ridden both, the gixxer and I obviously own the cbr imo the gixxer lacks low end and it feels just a tad be slow on the response. I love the RR the feel is amazing and I'm 6ft as well and yet I go on long trips all the time. (btw 3-5hrs) The undertail has to be the best thing on the cbr I absolutely love it because I never have to worry about the gf getting burnt etc. However with all that said I wish the RR parts were as easy to find as the gixxers. I been told theres more parts of the gixxer because people are constantly crashing them. Which I can believe because all my buddies have crashed theirs:retard:. In all dude if you are interested in curves then the RR is the way to go. The low end is just unbelievable.

Good luck with your decision. And i agree the warranty is a pure waste of $$$ take that money and get yourself FULL COVERAGE because you dont wanna be caught without it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You should be fine. I'm 6'1 175 and I've taken the bike for a ton of long distance rides. 200+ miles in a day multiple times. Not sure if that's long distance for some people but it's a good amount and I'm comfortable. As for the lights being bright... I don't think anyone can miss you if you are riding with both the lows and the highs on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My cousin has an 08 gsx-r 600, pretty sure its the same bike as the 07. I have an 07 600rr. I prefer the handling and braking of my bike. Could be my personal preference since its my bike but better is better no matter what.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts