Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out with me friends last weekend and one of them just got a ford lightning and wanted to race me to see how he would do.

he has a pretty sick upgraded turo set up on it

dyno had 560WHP

and he wants to do a kick from 40-130

I was just wandering what everyone thinks would happen

I unfortunatley did not get to race him because he blew a boost line racing a corvette

for those of you who are against street racing please do not use this forum t yell at me...thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's going to be hard to get any responses with the disclaimer you made at the end of your post. Anyhow I wont flame for street racing, but I'd put my money on the street bike vs a truck :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Really?? I guess you weren't prepared for it.
well im guessing a stock 911 has about 13-15 pounds for every horse to pull and if he has a turbo lets say a 200hp boost that would lighten the load to about 5.6 lbs for every horse to pull.

a stock cbr is around 5 lbs...with an avg 160 lb rider.

so yeah that either had more then just a turbo or...you had a late reaction or something.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It started side by side at about 70. I jumped first, got ahead and he litterally Blew past me. I was maybe 120 when he passed and he kept pulling. It said TURBO on the arse but ya, it was pimped out so maybe he had some work done. Anyway, I dont fug with those souped up Ghias anymore :D

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
i'd be more worried about getting run over by the truck.....T.K.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It all depends on how good of drivers the both of you are. He is pushing a lot of horse but find out what kind of torque he has too. i did a lot of street racing on my R6 and a stock 600 will take most things. Only thing i lost to was a cobra with close to 700hp but i know how to shift and everything too. If you shift using the clutch your gonna waste time. And from a 40 roll you have an advantage cuz your right there in your PB for 1st. If you take him from a dig you will def win, as long as you can launch. but like eveyone said he is really heavy and is also a Ford.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
BTW, the only 4 wheel vehicle that I've ever raced and lost to was a turbo Porsche. I was on a zx9r and I dont know what he had, but he embarrassed me!
Depending on what kind of Porche you are racing, they are very fast and powerful esp the GT2 and 911 Turbo. The GT2 pushes 480hp stock on a well setup vehicle. Thats not even getting into the Gemballa modded Porches that push 500-600hp+... Even i wouldn't race that car unless I had a liter bike.

to the OP, you should be able to beat the Ford truck granted u are in first gear and shift correctly. Please please do this in a safe environment like a drag strip or a deserted back road.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts