Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend busted my frame on my bike on accident. He said he would fix it, but at that time we did not realize the extent of the damage. My bikes frame is bent a little among other things, but he said he will get me another one or have mine fixed. My question to you guys is how much crap are we going to have to pull off to remove/replace the frame? I've swapped a motor on a much smaller bike carb bike and I had it running in less than 4 hours, but that seems minor compared to this task. Can I just take off the rear swing arm, forks, and subframe as big components or will they have to be completely torn down? Basically, am I looking at a weekend or a few weekends of down time?

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
454 Posts
If your frame is damaged its pretty much new bike time. To keep your vin/title you'll have to order a new frame from a dealer, which is not cheap, then they have to send an order to the factory to get a frame stamped with your vin. Probably be easier/cheaper to get a new bike.

·
Registered
923 Posts
man check my rebuilt thread and i think you will need more that few weekends, you have to remove the swing arm, and have to remove the special screws on the swing arm attached to the frame, is a little bit hard but not impossible man but yes a lot of work, so you have to doit in both ways fixing or replace it, good luck man.

rodrigo

·
Registered
923 Posts
or buy a frame from ebay or someone here that have one in sale. and not to spend a lot from the stealership

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he found a frame at a local scrap yard, BUT there will be paper work since the frames title is rebuilt or salvaged or something like that. I dont really care I just want my bike on the road.

·
Registered
454 Posts
he found a frame at a local scrap yard, BUT there will be paper work since the frames title is rebuilt or salvaged or something like that. I dont really care I just want my bike on the road.
I'd just claim it through it insurance, make him pay any costs and some extra cash to help cover increased premiums. Yea you can swap it for a salvage frame but you're doing a lot of paper work and wrenching to save your friend some cash.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
I'd just claim it through it insurance, make him pay any costs and some extra cash to help cover increased premiums. Yea you can swap it for a salvage frame but you're doing a lot of paper work and wrenching to save your friend some cash.
+1 for that advice.... I woulnt screw with it... too many things that can take too much time. Call it an experience and get back on the road by spring with minimal effort.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
where are u located at?...if ur in the bay area i know a couple of places where u can get titled frames...

but ur doing a lot of work on that...why dont you just get rid of that and get another one?..or maybe get another one thats been crashed with straight frame and good engine, strip it apart and replace it with ur parts...then u got two bikes...one for street, one for stunting or just to mess around with...

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
where are u located at?...if ur in the bay area i know a couple of places where u can get titled frames...

but ur doing a lot of work on that...why dont you just get rid of that and get another one?..or maybe get another one thats been crashed with straight frame and good engine, strip it apart and replace it with ur parts...then u got two bikes...one for street, one for stunting or just to mess around with...

+1,000,000 on this advice,, this is what you should do,, you should deff do this,, do this most definitely,, yes i concur, do this,, Agreed,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts