Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably a good thing to let your bike warm up before riding correct? just want to make sure...

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I normally let mine get to at least 100 degrees before I take off. Then I take it easy until up to operating temp.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im not really sure myself but Ive always let my bike warm up to 144 or so on the first start of the day-Its sort of a ritual now as I did the same thing with my F4i.:icon_lol:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I usually just take off easy, but I have a way to ride thru my apartment complex where its like 10mph. usually by the time i hit the street, its up to around 130.. hammer down.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I leave when the number appears at the temp gauge, about 2-3 minutes depending on the temp outside. easy on the trottle till the temp gauge reaches about 150 deg.

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
yea, when the idle drops the temp is right around 100* and that usually when I ride, I just take it easy until it up to operating temp.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I just turn mine on and hold it to redline in N untill it gets to 220 degree's then its GOOD TO GO!!!!

*joking*

·
Registered
244 Posts
hahahahaha........I LET IT RUN TIL ABOUT 135-155 DEPENDING ON THE CLIMATE OUT SIDE...

·
Registered
171 Posts
i let it get to 100 before i leave.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i let the numbers pop up unless i'm late for work. then i rip it from the start...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
When it comes to my RR, I've never just started it up to hear it and then turn it off. So, everytime it has kicked over, I've ridden it...or I've warmed it up to change the oil. As far as warming up goes, it warms up over 100F and I slowly ride it out of my complex. By the time it hits the city streets its around 150-170F. Treat it right and it should treat you right.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
You dont wanna put any more stress and strain on the internals while they are still cold, So I let it warm up till about 130-140.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts