Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm wondering if i have a spark problem because no fuses are blown, there is gas, but the bike just whines but doesn't sputter or fire gas at all. anyone else have this issue before?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
did you check the fuses on the left side and under the seat? And you said you can hear the fuel pump prime?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i checked the fuses under the seat but it seems that there may be more elsewhere. If so, where (left side?)? Yes when I turn the key everything lights up and I do hear the fuel pump. I thought whine was the best word to describe an engine with a charged battery attempting to turnover but not succeeding. There is gas splashing around in the tank but it's less than a quarter of a tank (the last gas gauge icon is blinking).

K

·
0 Posts
yes i checked the fuses under the seat but it seems that there may be more elsewhere. If so, where (left side?)? Yes when I turn the key everything lights up and I do hear the fuel pump. I thought whine was the best word to describe an engine with a charged battery attempting to turnover but not succeeding. There is gas splashing around in the tank but it's less than a quarter of a tank (the last gas gauge icon is blinking).
Hold the throttle Wide Open and attempt a start. hold that starter down though. recharge the battery if need be.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
The whining i think you are describing is the engine turning over but not starting.

Anyhoo, put more gas in it, lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
When you turn the key on and the kill switch is sent to run, do you hear the fuel pump turn on for a couple seconds. If you do, then you might not be getting spark. If thats the case, it coulc be a bunch of things, but check to make sure that your tip over sensor is pluged in correctly. It looks like a black U shaped plastic thing about the size of a golf ball and is mounted to the back of your headlights.

K

·
0 Posts
When you turn the key on and the kill switch is sent to run, do you hear the fuel pump turn on for a couple seconds. If you do, then you might not be getting spark. If thats the case, it coulc be a bunch of things, but check to make sure that your tip over sensor is pluged in correctly. It looks like a black U shaped plastic thing about the size of a golf ball and is mounted to the back of your headlights.
umm... my Fuel Pump only primes for like, one second. if i recall correctly, when the BAS is tripped, then the pump doesn't prime on system start up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts