Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has been sitting for roughly 6 mos. with no battery in it. Purchased a brand new one the other day and bike will not turn on.

No lights on dash, no headlights, wont turn over or click.

Battery was hooked up to a tender for a few hrs so i assume its good.

The clock and fuel gauge work when the bike is off, when i turn the key, it all shuts down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My bike has been sitting for roughly 6 mos. with no battery in it. Purchased a brand new one the other day and bike will not turn on.

No lights on dash, no headlights, wont turn over or click.

Battery was hooked up to a tender for a few hrs so i assume its good.

The clock and fuel gauge work when the bike is off, when i turn the key, it all shuts down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.
When you put your key to the on position nothing happens right? When you go back to the off position does the RPM needle sweep? Grab a multi meter and see if youre getting 12.5-12.7 out of the battery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i turn the key to the off position the tach needle does sweep, sorry i didnt tell you guys in the original post. When the key is turned to the on position, clock turns off. I cant test any fuses at the moment cause I dont have a fuse tester, will purchase one in the morning. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

D

·
0 Posts
What year bike? This isn't going to be an issue with the battery or fuses.

·
Registered
807 Posts
When i turn the key to the off position the tach needle does sweep, sorry i didnt tell you guys in the original post. When the key is turned to the on position, clock turns off. I cant test any fuses at the moment cause I dont have a fuse tester, will purchase one in the morning. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
I wouldnt even bother with a fuse tester, Get yourself a multi meter, They can be had for pretty cheap. You can test fuses with it also. Given that your needle sweeps when you go to the off position im betting the battery is only putting out like 8v. I know you said the battery is new, Maybe it dropped a cell.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Well this is a cool one...

I assume that all was working as it should when you put the bike into storage?

If so then pull the fairings off and have a look for damage caused by rodents...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts