Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So because of a disastrous self-attempt at installing a (originally not known) flawed exhaust system, my bike has been sitting in my mechanics garage for two weeks now while I sort out getting a replacement system from the guy who sold it to me. I stop by the shop about 3 times a week (I know my mechanic, he's a good guy and we joke around and ****) and he's just as frustrated as I am... only different is he's frustrated all the way to the bank with my money! haha.

So, not only do I hate my job, but my truck gets 11 miles to the gallon. So last week I blew 60 bux filling up my gas tank, instead of 10 for roughly the same range of miles (maybe 200 miles on the CBR, truck gets about 220 miles per tank). The weather has been awesome (as usual in southern california), and my bike is literally my escape from my decently paying but utterly mind numbing job. I've detailed my truck, completely organized my tool chest and work bench, installed some new fluorescent lighting in my garage, even fixed the damn shelves in one of our closets--and by fixed I mean an 8.0 earthquake could hit and the shelves would just laugh at it.

Has anyone else had to spend too much time apart from their bike? How long and what did you do to cope??:drunk:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I sold my Ninja because it was a P.O.S. and everytime i saw a bike i freaked out and mentioned how much i wanted to ride. My friends were gonna kill me. I then dated a guy who had a ninja, but he didnt like riding. Go fcking figure, so finally it killed me so much to see a bike go by that i spent $10,000 on a new CBR.... Lol. Go figure. O, and i got a horrible interest rate because i didnt care what the deal was, i just wanted the bike and wanted it now... :) Its been over a year and i am so happy with the CBR, interest rate still sucks but i love having a bike again.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS2, Tourist Trophy. :)
SNES was the last console I bought (am I old?) lol. For now I have a couple computer games that keep me entertained, but god dammit I want my bike back :banghead::drunk:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
CYCLING.

It's excellent stress relief, great cross training for riding motorcycles, doesn't require any gas, just make sure to eat a lot, it's good exercise, gets you places, and you'd be surprised how fast 40mph feels when you are the motor!!

Other than that, reading books on motorcycling theory, bike magazines, regular books, cleaning your garage, mapping out your track schedule, waxing your bike helmet, organize your tools, go running, hand wash your moto gear......it's endless dude....

·
Registered
598 Posts
Haven't been able to ride my bike since NOVEMBER last year!! Only just finished putting her back together again and can't wait to get back riding. I'm feelin your pain dude!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
broke my collar bone and was out for awhile, I feel your pain...whats worse is having a bike to ride and all u can do is stare at it...I started her and got on her...but cldnt ride...drove me INSANE...had a gf and a lot of games to entertain me for while, other than that u just go insane, all u can do

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to spend five months a year away from it. November-March is no good up here. I snowboard and do biathlon to pass the time. Shooting things always helps.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I sold my Ninja because it was a P.O.S. and everytime i saw a bike i freaked out and mentioned how much i wanted to ride. My friends were gonna kill me. I then dated a guy who had a ninja, but he didnt like riding. Go fcking figure, so finally it killed me so much to see a bike go by that i spent $10,000 on a new CBR.... Lol. Go figure. O, and i got a horrible interest rate because i didnt care what the deal was, i just wanted the bike and wanted it now... :) Its been over a year and i am so happy with the CBR, interest rate still sucks but i love having a bike again.
my interest rate on my bike loan sux too coz my credit is shot, but i dont care. The fun factor is off the roof when riding so its all good.

So because of a disastrous self-attempt at installing a (originally not known) flawed exhaust system, my bike has been sitting in my mechanics garage for two weeks now while I sort out getting a replacement system from the guy who sold it to me. I stop by the shop about 3 times a week (I know my mechanic, he's a good guy and we joke around and ****) and he's just as frustrated as I am... only different is he's frustrated all the way to the bank with my money! haha.

So, not only do I hate my job, but my truck gets 11 miles to the gallon. So last week I blew 60 bux filling up my gas tank, instead of 10 for roughly the same range of miles (maybe 200 miles on the CBR, truck gets about 220 miles per tank). The weather has been awesome (as usual in southern california), and my bike is literally my escape from my decently paying but utterly mind numbing job. I've detailed my truck, completely organized my tool chest and work bench, installed some new fluorescent lighting in my garage, even fixed the damn shelves in one of our closets--and by fixed I mean an 8.0 earthquake could hit and the shelves would just laugh at it.

Has anyone else had to spend too much time apart from their bike? How long and what did you do to cope??:drunk:
Thats one thing I don't understand how some of you northern folks cope with the long winters without riding. I'd probably go crazy not being able to ride for 2-3 months while my bike would just sit in the garage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i waited 3 months for my parts to get powder coated from a guy i kn0w. and my bike sat in parts. drove me crazy it sitting in parts not being able to put it back together.
:eek: whoa 3 months. Its been about a week and im going crazy. Weather is just getting nice here pretty much daily. Atleast my parts should be done in a day or two.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can't put all your eggs into one basket as far as entertainment is concerned mang!

I have so many 'hobbies' that it's hard to keep up with them and find time to ride. Today I want to ride but I have to pick up a new shield, get my snowmobiles into storage 30 miles away and find some time to eat dinner and take care of a few other things! It's better to have too much to do than too little.

·
Registered
502 Posts
i like the second bike idea :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Answer:

Get a back up bike or a used dirt bike. :cruising:

I think I am going to be looking into a Super Motard soon for friends/family who visit and to change it up every now and then.

I couldn't stand being without. Won't ever do that crap again...lol. Now I got the 600 and 900. :eek:hyeah:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
Since you have more time on your hands, and if you havea little extra money buy a pit bike or a cheap beater bike and beat the piss out of it...

If you don't have anything to spend, I suggest going to the closest and largest airport... What can get better than hot girls from all over the world, having a hard time looking for a Taxi?...

If you didn't get than then you are doomed....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts