Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bike started the day before. I removed my battery to jump start my generator. Done it 100 times before. Re-installed battery and bike will no longer start. The battery won鈥檛 even turn on. However, the digital clock still works. Checked all of the fuses. In completely lost. Any ideas?

Registered
"I've tried nothing, and I'm all out of ideas." -AvE

You need to extract the pixies that went into your generator and put them back in your motorcycle battery. That should get it going again. Also double check your terminal connections to make sure they're not loose. If that doesn't solve it your bike is totally fubared and you should just part it out.

I'm guessing you're not riding your bike enough to charge it fully between generator jump starts. Plus batteries don't last forever. Get yourself a battery tender.

Registered
A battery is always 'on' unless it's bricked. Put a meter on it and see what the resting voltage is so you can determine if it's the problem.

Kill switch on or bad connection at terminals or main ground are likely explanations if fuses all tested good.

But if you've done this 100 times why not just go to batterysharks and pony up $35 for a battery you can use for your generator and save yourself this hassle?

Registered
i recently couldn't start, turned out too be loose battery terminals, so so obvious i overlooked it, another battery from a 250 wouldn't do it, it was turning over but wouldn't fire

turns out the ECU is very sensitive to any slight loss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts