Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the oil after winterizing it. woke up trying to go for a ride didn’t want to prime and after so many tries it worked and worked fine throughout the whole day and here we go again came home for 30 min and didn’t want to start once again. i figure out when i turn off and on fast it will pump but sometimes won’t start

·
Registered
966 Posts
Try turning the ignition on and off several times before cranking to let the pump prime. If this works, its fuel related. Either clogged filter or pump going bad etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try turning the ignition on and off several times before cranking to let the pump prime. If this works, its fuel related. Either clogged filter or pump going bad etc.
the pump won’t prime. sometime it will sometime it won’t. if i flick the ignition off and on real fast it will work.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
battery in good condition?
about year old. have it on battery tender throu the winter. like i said if i turn the ignition off and on real fast it will prime some time i works perfectly fine sometime it won’t prime u less i flick fast. once it runs it runs perfect pretty much

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does your bike have HISS?
not sure what does that mean? check engine light or like flashing? is there a way i can post videos here? but no lights nothing just won’t prime. i have a decent video but can upload it here.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
when it doesn't prime, does the FI and HESD light come on?

turning your key quickly has nothing to do with your problem, you're just looking too hard for patterns.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when it doesn't prime, does the FI and HESD light come on?

turning your key quickly has nothing to do with your problem, you're just looking too hard for patterns.
no it doesn’t.
sucker is annoying

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
Then it's your kill switch, bank angle sensor, or engine stop relay.

I'm pretty sure the kill switch is white/yellow and black in the connector. Just put a wire jumper in the back of the connector and see if the problem persists

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
jump out the kill switch as i told you to do in my last post. it's either that, the BAS, or the relay. or some issue in that circuit.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jump out the kill switch as i told you to do in my last post. it's either that, the BAS, or the relay. or some issue in that circuit.
can you explain it? i’m not that good with figuring out issues with bikes.i just know how to ride them haha.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Then it's your kill switch, bank angle sensor, or engine stop relay.

I'm pretty sure the kill switch is white/yellow and black in the connector. Just put a wire jumper in the back of the connector and see if the problem persists
i didn’t see this post. so inside the kill switch i’ll find the wires?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts