Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the bike out for the first time in 6months. i started it up and let it idle for about 5min(1500rpm) then the idle started lowering until the bike shut off. i tried adjsuting the idle screw but it will not bring the idle up. it only idles at about 900rpm then dies. i'm thinking it's the fuel i used stabil this winter.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
you might want to try and dump that old l
get fresh fuel ,charge the battery really good
and give it a try

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the battery has been on the charger all winter, i think i am going to drain all the fuel. it seems to run fine though as long as i don't let the rpm drop

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i let it set for about 8 hours read all of the idle problem post and went out and started it. bike was at 1500 rpm them when the temp started coming up to 100* it started losing idle and shut off. the bike rides fine so i'm starting not to think it's the fuel. the idle adjuster seems to move all right if i crank it all the way to the clockwiae it stops, so i don't think it's broke. i put it back on the charger tonight to see if the battery is the problem

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have found that my bike runs a little funny on that first tank of gas of the season. I dont know if it is the stabil or just me being a little paranoid.

Peace

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe now it has something to with the electronics or fuel management the bike idles fine until the engine temp begins to display itself. as soon as the temp reads it begins to drop. i'm almost positive it is the electronics. oh yeah my warranty ended 3-02-06, does anyone know if honda will warranty anything after a years up

·
Registered
870 Posts
halerazor said:
i believe now it has something to with the electronics or fuel management the bike idles fine until the engine temp begins to display itself. as soon as the temp reads it begins to drop. i'm almost positive it is the electronics. oh yeah my warranty ended 3-02-06, does anyone know if honda will warranty anything after a years up

They have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, I think they will tell you tuff luck.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You can call honda Corp. Tell them the bike is just 1 yr old to be having any problems. Talk to them in the tough, pissed off tone of voice . Tell them if you knew hondas were like that you wouldnt have got it. They'll take down all your info, and tell you to take it to the dealer. Let the dealer contact honda corp. If your lucky U get a GOOD WILL SERVICE FOR FREE! My bike is an 03 with no extended warranty and they took my bike in to get it fixed for free...I lucked out. Give it a try.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had the same problem with my 03 2 yrs ago. but got it in 3 days before my warr. expired. After having my bike at the dealership for a month they replaced the throttle bodies,(after replacing a bunch of poop that diddent need to be replaced) if you are only a couple weeks out of warrenty and this is something that they have seen happen with a handfull of bikes, they will fix it, so we all don't get together and complain untill they have to make a recall. this seems to be a problem i have read close to a dozen posts about this, so if it's the same as mine, i would have to think that this is something that they are aware of.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only good thing is that i can get the parts cheaper than the dealer can. i am going to call them tommorw about getting my bike in so they can look at it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i got my bike fixed. the idle screw came all the way out. i wish i would have tore it down before i took it in. it cost me $200 because they changed the airfilter and spark plugs don't really think it was needed but i guess i have to pay for my stupidity

1 - 11 of 11 Posts