Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my fairinga off for painting. I also took off my head lights. So, naturally they are unplugged from the guage cluster.

Im assuming this connection is the reason it is not keying on? Im not too worried, just want to be sure.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
keying on?

You mean the bike wont start? If so then yes. Its due to the removal of the Bank Angle Sensor (BAS) thats attached to the rear of the headlights

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is all still apart still. So im not really worried. I just wanted to make sure it was because those are unhooked, the BAS i guess.

D

·
0 Posts
Strong with you, paranoia is. :p

Finish up painting the bike, then start putting it back together and checking for things. Will save you a lot of insanity.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strong with you, paranoia is. :p

Finish up painting the bike, then start putting it back together and checking for things. Will save you a lot of insanity.
Hahaha. Yes sir.

Ive just bought a few things that "work great" that dont. Right now im low on money. So i am strong with paranoia lol.

D

·
0 Posts
Hahaha. Yes sir.

Ive just bought a few things that "work great" that dont. Right now im low on money. So i am strong with paranoia lol.
Then pull the damn thing apart and check everything. Clutch thickness, valve clearance, air filter, throttle cables, look down the throttle bodies with the airbox off (when checking the air filter and getting to the other ****) and see if the valves are dirty, etc. Just remember where things go when putting it back together.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just check the air filter. Oh its bad, but last night i ordered a new filter and clutch cable.

Ill do what i know how, and can easily learn to do.

Im probably just paranoid like you said. But im also eager to learn about the bike. This bike is less intimidatong, not that it was really to start, now that i have actually started to go inside it and learn.

Sorry if i seem to come off ignorant, im just trying to absorb as much information as i can about these machines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts