Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so I got T's IT finally in and Ive been attempting to install it since probably 6pm lolol. I like to take my time and (attempt to) do things right the first time. However, to no avail.

So Im rolling along, remove the ugly heat shield, top and bottom, replace rear sets blah blah... start up bike, starts right up. Great.

Move onto the fender eliminator, which is T's of course, and began to drill the bracket from the exhaust. Awesome. No troubles yet. Next I do the little extension I made up (picture below) to pull the exhaust down a bit so the IT can be visible... awesome, easy.

Plug in T's IT to stare in aw before I leave for an hour or two. Play with the buttons, watch the lights flash and dance, yay its so pretty!

Come back, plug in the little extension he has and connect the fender eliminator wires to the IT, check to make sure it all lights up... TADA it does. Yay!

Go to start the bike, wont start. :cursin:

So I have no clue what it is... yes I checked that its in neutral, switch is set to run, cleared the fuel via open throttle for a few seconds, yes I can smell fuel out of the exhaust, yes the fuel pump comes on, yes the fan turns on, yes all the lights come on, yes the tach calibrates... Press the start button, "blub blub blub blub blub" no start... "blub blub blub blub blub" no start... so I dont know what I did, if I even did anything... Took out the IT and fender eliminator wires to see if it was them, for some odd reason... its not, still "blub blub blub blub blub" no start...

Any help or ideas? Yes, I did search and found a plethora of threads, but didnt see anything relating to this... Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You say the fan is turning on? What is the temp being shown on the dash?
"---*F", it only turned on once.

Could this be the problem: I removed the slip on earlier to remove the heat shield. Theres spurts of air coming out (I did get it to start after holding in the start and twisting the throttle a bit, but it was weak idling with still blub's in it) of where the ring is. Could it be the issue that with my little extensions I made it somehow forced the slip on to be not flush around the pipe? I dont know if the spurts of air is supposed to come out of the the connection or not... Im just learning :retard:

EDIT:

I took out the extension things I made and made sure the ring was tight around the slipon... now it started right up. o_O odd...

I guess close cause bike is fixed..?

·
Registered
112 Posts
So you kept the extensions off now? I just got my Tripage IT and FE today and I wanted to do the exhaust extension thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts