Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 600rr won't shift out of first. I have no idea where to begin checking. The shifter moves, but never clicks into gear. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
even on rear stand if the bike isnt running or at least manually turning the rear wheel
you might get a gear maybe two

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off or on, the bike will not shift out of first. The shift pedal feels limp. Normally downward pressure in first feels firm, but the pedal moves. Could the the crankshaft gear have slipped?

K

·
0 Posts
oooooh ho hooo ho hoooo...

ouch.

oh that sucks... RShackleford might just be right... it probably isn't a gear that you need though. i'm not really experienced in this field.

Was there an event that preceded this problem?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
oooooh ho hooo ho hoooo...

ouch.

oh that sucks... RShackleford might just be right... it probably isn't a gear that you need though. i'm not really experienced in this field.

Was there an event that preceded this problem?
Yeah did you take anything apart before this started to happen?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
from the manual

hard to shift
-improper clutch operation
-incorrect oil weight
-bent shift fork
-shift fork shaft
-shift drum
-shift drum groove
-bent gearshift spindle

tranny jumps out of gear
-gear dogs
-gear shift grooves
-shift fork shaft
-shift drum stopper arm
-stopper arm spring
-bent shift fork
-gearshift spindle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dropped the bike on the left side at a very low speed. this caused the problem. My bike is exactly like the blue one depicted above, by the way - nice choice!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Your shifter is bent. I dropped my F3 too. I couldn't shift out of first gear because the shifter was bent.. take a good picture of another RR shifter and adjust it.. or just straighten out the shifter.

·
Registered
936 Posts
If the spline shaft coming out of the tranny takes a hit it will jump off the shift star....there is a really thin piece of metal holding it in place. See if there is play in the upper heim (in or out) on the spline.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the spline shaft coming out of the tranny takes a hit it will jump off the shift star....there is a really thin piece of metal holding it in place. See if there is play in the upper heim (in or out) on the spline.
I don't quite understand what to look for here. Do I need to start pulling the plastics and cover off? Where is the spline?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you replaced it yourself with oem parts it will run you like $180.00 if you have to do it yourself.Its just a stupid asspain to get done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ok i know whats wrong with it. i go to school for motorcycle tech and i just got done with this class it is you shifting paw is too worn down and is not catching and keeping in gear. or your shift fork has too much wear and isnt catching which means your shift dogs are not connecting. you will have to split the cases and rebuild your tranny which is about 10 hours of labor

1 - 20 of 33 Posts