Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still need to check one thing before I fully dont know whats going on but whenever i ride for a total of 20 mins or so my bike wont start. its usally when its warm (223 F) its acts like itll start then the screen goes off. i have to jump start it by rolling it and poppin it into 2nd. The thing i havnt vhecked is my batter cable/wire may not be fully connected. its happened before, i just figured id ask some experts! :)

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
what year bike 2003???
Bad rectifier. You can get one from an 05-06 and this will fix the problem. It get too hot while riding and causes it to stop working.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an 04...what exactly is the prob. and how much does this part cost

·
Registered
901 Posts
i had an 03 i had the same exact problem and it was a bad battery .. allthough like tripage said ive hear alot of people say its the rectifire on theres that caused this problem .. i can say get your battery load tested not just with a meter but an actuall tester that simualtes load on the battery .. just to make sure its not ur battery

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you look at the differences between the years you can see that the newer year has an aluminum shield to keep the heat from getting to the rectifier. Check the battery as well.

·
Registered
935 Posts
04 has a heat shield for the rectcifier. Try charging your battery first. I had this same problem. Now I keep the battery charged with Battery Tender Jr. I haven't had a problem since then.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
True... I should know this. I have an 04!!!! Duh...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts