Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time there's some sort of problem with my bike, it won't start but there is clicking sound near the battery. Anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it?

I checked the fuse and it's not blown.

I think it has to do with the starter relay thing, but I have no idea what that is. :lol2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
my money is on a undercharged battery. I rode for a while under 5000 rpm with the high beam on and the next time I tried to start her, she was awful slow turning aver.

V

·
0 Posts
Im guessing a dead battery. The same thing happened on my Dad's Mille when I had it at my house. I hadnt ridden it in a while (like 2 weeks). It was just clicking. I was putting exhaust on it and I would start it up and shut it off soon, which isnt to good for the battery. Eventually it just wouldnt start. I hooked it up to a tender and nothing. I even tried switching out the RR and the Mille batteries, still nothing. Tried push starting it, nothing. I tried everything. I took out the starter relay/silinoid thing and I saw that part of the rubber cover was melted at the part where the juice went from the battery into it. The other part(where the juice goes from it to the starter motor) was fine. I called up the dealer and he said to disconnect it and touch the wire directly to the battery bypassing the relay.. it started right up. I knew it was the relay then. I sent it out and got a new one it and it ran like a champ.
I dont know if that has anything to do with your RR, but thats my story about stupid batteries and clicking sounds. Hopefully it is just your battery. ;-)

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, what they said, dead battery, that happened to me with my 954...and then we just jumped it and let it charge itself for a while...and that fixed it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts