Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is an 05 CBR 600RR with 17000 miles.
When it's a cold start it fires right up but when i ride to class to drop something off and try to start it again it cranks till the cows come home but won't fire. If i let it sit for quite a while it will start no problem. Does this sound like a bad stator? I would check the rectifier but it's an 05 so it should not have that problem correct? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just tried to roll start it after being ridden, that didn't work. So should it roll start even if the stator is bad or does that still point to the stator?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If it cranks till the cows come home... then your battery and charging system sound fine.

I don't know what would cause it to crank but not start only when its hot.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Thanks for sharing, care to tell us what you did or are you going to keep it a super duper secret?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i am also curious to know what you did to fix it.... i have a similar problem on an '08 and my solution has been to just always let it sit for 5-10 minutes between shutdown and startup again, but that's not always convenient.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds like the same issue 03-04 had with the rectifier getting to hot. Once it cooled down it was fine or swap with 05-06 and it was all better or spin it around away from the radiator. T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts