Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off entire front to switch out lights and then see what would look like as streetfighter...anyway put bike back together and it won't start

'05 600RR

All gauges work...front lights and turn signals...even clicks like it wants to go but nothing

is in neutral so not dumb left in gear with kickstand down kill saftey thing

all help very appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah...all fuses are good to go too

sorry 1st post here and didn't see edit button (not post whoring)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
if its making a clicking or whiring sound like something mechanical is winding up, i would try putting some juice in the battery. i had the same prob the day i brought mine home. just jumped it and it worked fine.

p.s. owners manuel says not to use a car. i did, probably stupidly, but only left it on for like 10 seconds and didnt give the car any gas. just hooked it up, started the bike quick, and unhooked it right away. if you want to do it, remember the owners manual says not to, it can ruin the battery.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If it makes a clicking noise, the lights go dim, but the starter doesn't crank the motor, then your batter needs some recharging.

If it cranks the motor but it just won't start, it's probably the bank angle sensor. Either it's not connected, or it's mounted upside down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LtcOliverNorth said:
If it makes a clicking noise, the lights go dim, but the starter doesn't crank the motor, then your batter needs some recharging.

If it cranks the motor but it just won't start, it's probably the bank angle sensor. Either it's not connected, or it's mounted upside down.
Probably the low battery setting. I'll get a trickle charger in the morning.

What does the bank angle sensor look like? Black sort box with rounded end...with a v pointing up? Looks like an upside down v on mine.

Thanks for time and help guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts