Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to lay my bike down in rush hour traffic a few days ago to aoid going through a window of a crv, and now it wont start in gear, (kick stand up) but if I put the stand down while in gear it will still shut off. Anyone have any idea why its doing that? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Have you checked your clutch switch? That and the sidestand "UP" are both in the start circuit.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
u go down on your left side? damaged kickstand switch maybe? (or whatever u call that switch on the kickstand to tell if it up)

·
Registered
584 Posts
either the kickstand switch or the clutch sensor, I am leaning toward the clutch switch since the motor will turn off if you put the kickstand down in gear.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Have you checked your clutch switch? That and the sidestand "UP" are both in the start circuit.
either the kickstand switch or the clutch sensor, I am leaning toward the clutch switch since the motor will turn off if you put the kickstand down in gear.
:+1: id check the clutch switch. its right under your clutch lever. its easy to break if the bike goes down on that side.

i have everything disconnected on the left side for track use.
with the clutch switch gone. i can only get the bike to start in neutral with the kickstand down.
once its started then i can kick the stand up and put it in gear while holding in the clutch lever.
if i put the kickstand down, while in gear, holding in the clutch. the bike will shut off.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:+1: id check the clutch switch. its right under your clutch lever. its easy to break if the bike goes down on that side.

i have everything disconnected on the left side for track use.
with the clutch switch gone. i can only get the bike to start in neutral with the kickstand down.
once its started then i can kick the stand up and put it in gear while holding in the clutch lever.
if i put the kickstand down, while in gear, holding in the clutch. the bike will shut off.
I'm going to check the switch for sure then, that probably is what it is. Thanks for all the help everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts