Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My bike was sitting idle for about a year. I'm now trying to get it going but it won't start. I replaced the plugs, oil, filter, fuel, battery, etc... It turns over but doesnt fire up. It doesnt sound like the pump is priming. I check the plugs to see if they were sparking and nothing. I double checked the fuses and all wiring harnesses too. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Fuel pump Relay???

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Could be a multitude of things, first things to check would be the engine stop relay - this will kill both the coils and the fuel pump... did you check you FI fuse down next to the battery? Did you look for corrosion at the contacts?

·
Registered
936 Posts
check the 3 relays on the left side of the motor, with the key on 2 of the three will click over the other is the fan relay(one of the relays will turn off after about 3 seconds....that's the fuel pump prime)

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
BAS, Bank angle sensor

Ep if you had the front end off or were messing with wiring.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
same problem here cant hear the fuel pump priming, just fitted some led plate lights earlier today, my bike has been fine, been out on it a few times no issues, just gone to start it and no sound coming from the fuel pump and will not start. its been heavily raining also and my bike didnt have a cover on, dont know if rain has got in somewere and blew something or what. the led plate lights i fitted are working fine too so it wouldnt be anything to do with that would it idk.

take no notice of my post above just figured it out....... my kill switch!:retard: :crackup: PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWW!!! i never use the kill switch but just this time i did, thats 2 dumb incidents today!:banghead:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had same issue and all it took for me was unplugging my gauges and plugging back in. i also unplugged the two connectors that go to the headlights after that it started fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts