Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an 03 cbr600rr and it cranks but wont fire... Idk wuts wrong with it. I was riding and it just died then it started for a brief second then died again and wont start now. It cranks but no fire. I can hear the fuel pump priming and no codes are showing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hello,

My first idea is searching for your problem. There are tons of threads about this issue and since you haven't provided any details it will be hard for anyone to diagnose.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7865546952023728:d84e45z3h4d&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=bike+won't+start&siteurl=www.600rr.net/vb/index.php&ref=www.600rr.net/?pageid=active_topics&ss=0j0j1

If you'd rather not do some research, my second idea is providing some more info about your bike/problem here. For example, I did some research and noticed you've posted other threads about separate problems you're having with your bike. Oil light, missing fuse box... One of the problems was your headlight not coming on, this may be evidence of an electrical issue. Your bike is old, the battery might be old. Is your battery old? new? have you tested it? Is it a Double A or Triple A?

Third and final idea. Take the bike to a certified mechanic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is brand new, i fixed the oil light it was low on pressure and put a new pump in. The headlight relay is bypassed i found out so im fixing that to stock.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I need to point out one thing. Your Oil light will come on when the key is turned to the ON position and will stay on until the bike is started. This is the intended operation for the bike.

If your oil light ISN'T on with the key on and bike off, you may have an issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does come on, the post i did awhile ago for that light was because it stayed on, turned out to be a bad oil pump and speed sensor

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i got the bike running it was a loose relay i had to tighten the female leads to the prongs, but my headlight went back out and the bulbs are good, any idea where the relay is? I tested the fuel pump relay 20times before figuring out it wasnt grabing the prongs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts