Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid it down four months ago. Went to sart it for the first time yesterday.
Got a new battery. I turn the key to on. All lights/guages work. Bike is in neutral. I hear the fuel prime. I push the red start button and get one click. That's it. No repeated clicking, motor doesn't even try to turn over.

Starter?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
501 Posts
could be loose wire connections, bad kickstand switch, blown fuse, weak battery

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery is fresh out of the box. I will check the other things mentioned. Isn't there some sort of tip over sensor? If so where would I reset it? Everything comes up very strong when I turn the key to on. I hear the first initial sound that occurs everytime the motor starts. It lasts for about a second or less and then just freezes. I turn the key to off, retry and same thing again. I was hoping this would be indicative of some definite thing. I will start fishing around I guess. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Battery is fresh out of the box. I will check the other things mentioned. Isn't there some sort of tip over sensor? If so where would I reset it? Everything comes up very strong when I turn the key to on. I hear the first initial sound that occurs everytime the motor starts. It lasts for about a second or less and then just freezes. I turn the key to off, retry and same thing again. I was hoping this would be indicative of some definite thing. I will start fishing around I guess. Thanks.
the bank angle sensor is infront of your gauge cluster, make sure its not on its side or it won't start.

you can try to bypass it and see if the bike will start.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been having the same problem for 4-5 months now, except I didn't lay the bike down. Everything is strong, primes, but the starter relay gives one single click each time I press the start button. No starter motor action. I've replaced the relay and tried another known, good battery with no results.

Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I can push-start just fine, and once in a blue moon the starter will work without a problem for one start then stop for a week or two. Side stand switch seems to be OK, when it's down and I'm not in neutral/holding clutch, the relay doesn't click, as it shouldn't... I've gone through all troubleshooting in the manual/on here and am at a loss short of the starter itself, considering the starter is getting excellent power and has good ground as it should. What fixed you up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts