Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after im out riding and if the bike is over 220 degrees and i stop and get gas or whatever when i go to start it back up it struggles or wont even start. sometimes i have to let the bike cool down to 180 or so. the thing is it has a brand new battery, the stator has been checked and its fine and also i put in an 06 regulator rectifier. still have the problem. so im wondering if its the starter or the battery needs replaced? anyone have this problem?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Believe it or not that is normal solution is simple you got to wait a few minutes
till the rectifier / regulator cools off then the bike will start without any issues

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its irritating. i dont have to do it with my f4i. that bike starts up no problem the rr is weak

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happens to my 03 when ever it's really hot out, whenever I stop for gas or whatever, when it's time to go, I hit the ignition and the starter tries to cranck over slowly and I pull a little throttle in and she starts up everytime.

Try it ! Just give it a little gas as your starting it and it'll fire right up....

·
Registered
520 Posts
on my 03, it happens when its real hot and the fan is running when i turn the key to 'on'...but only if the fan is running, if its not then it fires right up. my thoughts are that the draw from the fan takes enough from the battery when the bike is starting to give it voltage problems....of course i have never tested this with a volt meter but it sounds good in theory to me....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts