Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! Bike Just Died

i have a 05 600rr, jardine slip-on,bmc air filter and a power commander.

I installed the correct map to the power commander went for a drive and everything worked fine.

Went out to the garage the next day and tried to start her up and the battery was dead. Put the charger on it and turned it over but no start. I noticed the pcIII had no lights on. I plugged the 9V into the pcIII and it lite up so it must be the wiring? I stripped the bike and checked the wires and everything was hooked up right.

I dissconnected everything and hooked up the stock harness the way it came out and still will not start. i unhooked the battery for a while and tried it again, it doesn't sound like its getting fuel.

Could i have burnt out something in the electrical, or could it be something stupid? I can't understand why it would work fine one day then just die the next.
If anyone has had this problem before how did you resolve it? Please Help!!!!!!

K

·
0 Posts
when you switch the ignition on, do you get lights on the dash? are you getting headlights and signal lights? does the tach needle sweep? Does the Neutral indicator come on? does the fuel pump prime itself? when you hit the starter button, does the starter turn the motor and attempt a start?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes all lights and signals work, but the fuel pump does not make any noise when i turn the key. the engine turns over normal,but doesn't sound like it wants to start.

I checked the fuses and there all good. any idea what else i could check would be a huge help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a post about hooking the pc3 up to the wrong injectors. well i hooked it up wrong. im going out now to hook them up right to see if that solves the problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey nightslugger, i hooked it up right still nothing, my local honda shop said it sounds like the cdi or a bent sensor valve? could this be the problem? i have no idea. the honda shop is known for 'fixing' things that are not broke and charging you out the ass, so there going to be my last resort.

K

·
0 Posts
I don't even know what a sensor valve is...

if the fuel pump isn't working, you're not getting any fuel, so it wont start. start troubleshooting the fuel pump circuit. swap the fuel pump cut off relay with a a known good relay. could be your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts