Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I have a 08 honda 600rr and I recently changed out the subframe so I had to do quite a bit of work... removing the gas tank and all the electronic parts. I have my whole upper faring off right now because my air duct broke when I was in my wreck. I was wondering if the bike will still start with the main instrument panel is not connected? or does it have to be connected for the bike to start? I think I connected everything back up the right way when I put the gas tank back on... or could that be the problem? It cranks up but it just doesn't start. It just turns over. Also my exhaust inst on right now. Thank you very much!

BTW one more quick question. I just installed my vortex adjustable rear sets and I cant seem to get the bike in neutral? Does that mean I need to adjust my shifter? or is there a guide I can look at to make sure I installed it correctly? I appreciate everyone's help very much!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I believe I do have that installed. Im currently taking my gas tank back off I think that has something to do with it? I know there are a blue plug and a brown plug under the gas tank... I might have hooked those up wrong. BTW I got my bike in neutral... I guess I installed my shifter wrong because its backwards. Ill take some pictures here in a second... is there a site I Can upload them too?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Yes I believe I do have that installed. Im currently taking my gas tank back off I think that has something to do with it? I know there are a blue plug and a brown plug under the gas tank... I might have hooked those up wrong. BTW I got my bike in neutral... I guess I installed my shifter wrong because its backwards. Ill take some pictures here in a second... is there a site I Can upload them too?
photobucket.com
i think you can upload them here, but i dont know how its done

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I disconnected my power commander and re-hooked up everything including my gas tank and she still won't start. ahh this is so frustrating. All I did was change out my subframe and before I changed it out it was all working fine. Will the bike start without the exhaust on and the main instrument panel though?!

Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright I just got some pictures! Please have a look and see if you see anything out of place?!!? =x I think everything is right but yet the bike wont start.

This tube came un-done... Is it supposed to connect to anything important or does it just run along the other tubes that hang out of the lower fairing on the left?!

Thank you for you help!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn I am completely clue less as to why my bike won't start. I have checked all the plugs and taken the gas tank off twice now and put it all back together... is there a primmer or something that I have to push to get the gas going back into the engine? for some reason I think it has to do with my gas tank.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you haven't messed with anything like take your gas tank off it should stay working fine. I finally figured out that my tip sensor was off and thats why my byke wouldn't start. I felt really embarrassed. Have you tried sitting on the bike putting up kickstand and holding in clutch to start yet?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts