Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 600rr. Stock besides new clutch and brake levers.

It sat for about a Month and a Half (covered the whole time). It had almost a full tank of gas which I feel might be part of the problem (totally forgot to empty it). My dad started it up two days ago and it ran for a couple of minutes. I don't believe it was warmed up yet, but he tried revving it a little bit and said it stuttered a bit. He revved it again and then it died and hasn't comeback to life since. I charged the battery and everything seems in good order. Bike turns over just wont start. It seems like it wants to every now and again.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristian

·
Registered
417 Posts
Old gas probably is not helping but make sure the battery is fully charged. Hold the throttle full open and crank away until it starts. Once it does let it warm up and slowly feed in the throttle to clear out the exhaust.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine is doing the same thing. i might have had just a little gas in the tank. i filled it up with some fresh 93 octane. the bike started but sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders. i gave it some throttle and it revved to about 5k and then i shut if off after about 2 minutes.

it seemed like the problem was getting worse, cause the next time i tried to start it, it just cranked and acted like it wanted to start but just wouldn't fire up. i changed the plugs and still nothing. battery is just a few days old but seems to be getting week from me cranking on it. i've let is sit thinking i may have flooded it. the FI light comes on when the fuel pump first primes but then goes away. i'm at a loss. i've checked and rechecked all my work not to mention read just about every "no start" thread on this forum.

cliff notes: got fuel, got spark... still no start.

edit: 2006 600RR

·
Registered
11 Posts
well the tank was sitting outside because it was really smelling up my garage. so it got rained on once or twice. the lid was closed and i dumped all the gas out i could before i put the new gas in. but i could still hear some sloshing around in the tank while i was putting the tank back in. the air filter is clean and oem. i don't have any mods except the slip on.
i opened up the fuel line to the secondary injectors and there was a great deal of fuel pressure. i also put a volt meter on the injectors to make sure they were firing. all seems well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts