Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I've had my bike sitting in the garage for a few weeks since I've been working on it and since I've been away at school I havent had a chance to start it. Well, I finally finished the Tripage FE kit install and went to start my bike and it won't turn over. I put more gas in it, tried to jump it via my car and it still wont turn over. I even tried the run beside my bike and try to start it that way, but nothing. Here's a video, not very good, but you can hear what's going on.

http://yfrog.us/j9vid00005201005011728z

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I did not hear the fuel pump prime so does it prime or not

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
er, I have no idea :eek: :retard: how do i tell? I'm not much of a mechanic haha

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
When you turn the key one you should hear a whine noise
that is the fuel pump like Fast suggested check the kill switch

D

·
0 Posts
Do you smell fuel from the exhaust? Done any recent mods to the bike like a PC or bazazz? Got spark at the plugs?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Ok so the fuel pump primes is the bike in neutral

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Didn't watch the video eh?
His bike is in neutral.
I did watch it but got to ask again you and i know simple things are very easy to miss

D

·
0 Posts
Well, if the bike turns over in gear with the kickstand down, clutch not pulled in, and not moving forward, I think he has bigger issues than it not starting.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bike was in neutral during that video, but I also tried it in gear with the kickstand up and the same thing happens. I hear that whine when I turn the kill switch on and etc. The only mods I have done is the Tripage FE kit which required drilling into the exhaust. I do see fumes coming from the exhaust. The only way I can describe it is that it wants to turn over but it doesn't catch.. Spark at the plugs as well too.

I think its the battery, here's my reasoning. When I first tried it before hooking it up to my car, it sounded really sad, no where near catching. After trying to jump it and stuff the crank became a lot stronger. I should NOT start the car on when trying to jump, correct? I just turned the car on so the radio and stuff came on.

Thanks guys.

D

·
0 Posts
You really shouldn't try and jump your bike with a car battery anyway, since they often have 2 to 5 times the amperage as your bike battery. Does your FI light flash any codes?

If you have spark, it's gotta be a fuel or air problem. You may have flooded the bike.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
D

·
0 Posts
Hold the throttle full open when starting the bike to allow more air in to clear the cylinders.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:banghead:
I am in the same situation as you, I can start my bike ether after taking the fairings us to clean them. :banghead:
Now my battery is dead, do you know where is the kill switch?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts