Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 06 that after running good all day wouldn't start. The fuel pump won't come on. All the relays are OK. I have NO headlights or front turn signals working now back and tail lights are working, horn and tach work when turning key on. I did not see any blow fuses. If I straight wire fuel pump it works. What am I missing? Thanks

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Look into the kill switch housing make sure the connections are solid so many head lights get affected by messed wiring at the kill switch so that might be the culprit every time some one makes a suggestion try it out and let us know the outcome till we get you sorted out

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All that looked fine. The bike will try and crank, just not getting fuel or spark. Bike end of bike, everything working fine. Front end only horn, starter, tach and fuel gauge working. No headlights or turn signals.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Have you done any electrical changes at all ?
Is the battery fully charged and the terminals are connected solid ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No changes. Was running fine yesterday, stopped and got gas, went to friends house for a couple hours and when I went to leave nothing.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Take the battery out and get it load tested any auto parts store such as pep boys , Nappa would test it for free battery might be too weak to power up fuel pump & the rest of the gadgets

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Electrical grimlens are a pain to understand

Electrical short = blown fuse you have neither
Kill switch = solid connections
May be a bad ground or a corroded one worth checking

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
My thing is why don't I have headlights and front turn signals?
Because your ground that runs from the front has corroded up and the BAS has also been affected... no ground going to the BAS and the fuel pump doesn't prime.

Check the ground box on the left hand side just next to the subframe and your seat... it may still be taped to the harness. You will know when you find it cause there is a whole bunch of green wires going into it.

Pull it apart and give it a good cleaning and see how you go.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Bank angle sensor, its up the front and stops the engine when the bike falls over.

If you run a piece of wire from the black wire in one of the headlight plugs to the negative terminal of the battery you will either confirm or otherwise my idea.

If I'm right the bike will start.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK Nico you are right, wire from ground to light plug bike runs. Now what does that mean? Do I need a new BAS or is there something else I can do?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
you dont want to rig it up like that man. just do it right.

if it is the BAS contact me and i will post one up for sale, i'm pretty sure i have one that i bought when my bike was having similar issues.

Nico saves the day, thats not surprising haha

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Bas is a very important sensor bypassing it ain't smart action to take specially if you ride on the streets you want that fuel pump to loose its function asap when the bike god forbid goes down having the engine running while the bike is laid down ain't safe at all

1 - 20 of 23 Posts