Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup people, I have a 05 600rr and it has not been started in over a year. There was gas in the tank while it was stored. I installed a new battery and recently tried to start it, but there is no struggle or clicking noise. What do you think is wrong and what do I need to fix? Is it a big expensive fix? Any information would be very helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You haven't provided much information on the motorcycle or its history. When you put the key in the ignition do you hear the fuel pump prime? Might be a good idea to check the fuse to confirm that it is okay. Also, check all your connections for corrosion. Might be a good idea to take a voltmeter to the system and find out what is getting power and what is not. Could be a relay or something. Have you checked the basics like the kill switch is in the on position, bike is in neutral if sitting on the kickstand, clutch switch is connected and working? Hopefully this will give you some ideas, but when you get a chance post some more information so that people can give you a better idea. Sounds like from your description that the engine is not turning over so start looking at the starting circuit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
could be a number of things, plugs, injectors clogged..etc etc leaving a bike sitting for a long time is worse than putting a ba zillion miles on one.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
obviously it is in the run position right? like others said do you hear the fuel pump prime? are the gauges working properly? obviously there could be a million reasons why it wont start... give us a step by step of what happens. make a video if you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts