Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Firstly i dont know if this has already been answered but i dont know what to search for regarding the following problem

My bike wont start, there's power in the battery, however the engine wont crank. when i hit the starter switch, theres a clicking noise from under the pillion seat. Each time i press the starter switch, it makes the noise from under the rear seat. Lights work and speedometer works. The fuel pump makes the whining noise in the beginning.

Pushing the bike to start works too and it stays on. The battery however does not get charged. After a while of riding, the gauge cluster died no RPM/Speed and so on were shown. Only the clock.

Let me know what it could be and is there a quick fix.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Could be the solenoid. (this is from car experience so I dont know if you can get to it on the bike) get to the solenoid and use a screw driver and touch both the large posts (make sure the bike is not in gear and on, it should turn over). If this works it's solenoid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks polarity but that was just chinese to me :D... i've had it tested at a small scale repair shop but they suggested i take it to Honda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts